* Reg Backplane Inventory Support in Open BMC
@ 2020-07-24 17:28 suresh v
From: suresh v @ 2020-07-24 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

I'm Suresh looking for frame work support of backplane inventory via side
band I2C from base board management controller in Open BMC. If there are
any support in case, can you please give me some pointers to start of
looking at it?

Thanks,
Suresh

* Re: Reg Backplane Inventory Support in Open BMC
@ 2020-07-27 17:34 ` Patrick Williams
From: Patrick Williams @ 2020-07-27 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: suresh v; +Cc: openbmc

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 10:58:36PM +0530, suresh v wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Suresh looking for frame work support of backplane inventory via side
> band I2C from base board management controller in Open BMC. If there are
> any support in case, can you please give me some pointers to start of
> looking at it?
>
> Thanks,
> Suresh

openbmc/entity-manager has support for reading an I2C EEPROM from the
backplane to discover inventory information.

--
Patrick Williams

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Reg Backplane Inventory Support in Open BMC
@ 2020-07-27 17:35 ` James Feist
From: James Feist @ 2020-07-27 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: suresh v, openbmc

On 7/24/2020 10:28 AM, suresh v wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Suresh looking for frame work support of backplane inventory via
> side band I2C from base board management controller in Open BMC. If
> there are any support in case, can you please give me some pointers to
> start of looking at it?

We created this:
https://github.com/openbmc/s2600wf-misc/tree/master/hsbp-manager

Its very specific to the HSBP we were using, but you might be a helpful
reference, or you might be able to extend it. If it seems useful let me
know and I can move it into a common repo.

-James

@ 2020-07-27 17:53   ` suresh v
From: suresh v @ 2020-07-27 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Feist; +Cc: openbmc