* requesting help
@ 2021-01-16  3:37 U RAVI KUMAR
From: U RAVI KUMAR @ 2021-01-16  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello guys,
                    I have built a linux distribution using
core-image-sato.I want a qtwebbrowser as one of the application to be
installed on the OS. can anyone pls help me through this process.

Thanks and Regards,
ravi_uppada

* Re: [yocto] requesting help
@ 2021-01-16  4:12 ` Vijay Rakesh Munganda
From: Vijay Rakesh Munganda @ 2021-01-16  4:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: U RAVI KUMAR; +Cc: yocto

Hi Ravi,

Below links might help you, choose one of the them you need. Download and add this recipe into the your build and recipe name to IMAGE_INSTALL_append in local.conf file.

https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/67001/

https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/61209/

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay Rakesh

> On 16-Jan-2021, at 09:07, U RAVI KUMAR <uppadaravi2511@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello guys,
>                     I have built a linux distribution using core-image-sato.I want a qtwebbrowser as one of the application to be installed on the OS. can anyone pls help me through this process.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> ravi_uppada

* Re: [yocto] requesting help
@ 2021-01-16 13:28   ` U RAVI KUMAR
From: U RAVI KUMAR @ 2021-01-16 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vijay Rakesh Munganda; +Cc: yocto

Thanks, I'll check them out. And will i be able to configure the browser?
please suggest.

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 9:42 AM Vijay Rakesh Munganda <
vijayrakeshmunganda@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ravi,
>
> Below links might help you, choose one of the them you need. Download and
> add this recipe into the your build and recipe name to
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append in local.conf file.
>
> https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/67001/
>
> https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/61209/
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Vijay Rakesh
>
> On 16-Jan-2021, at 09:07, U RAVI KUMAR <uppadaravi2511@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hello guys,
>                     I have built a linux distribution using
> core-image-sato.I want a qtwebbrowser as one of the application to be
> installed on the OS. can anyone pls help me through this process.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> ravi_uppada

* Re: [yocto] requesting help
@ 2021-01-16 13:34   ` Paul Barker
From: Paul Barker @ 2021-01-16 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 at 04:12, Vijay Rakesh Munganda
<vijayrakeshmunganda@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ravi,
>
> Below links might help you, choose one of the them you need. Download and add this recipe into the your build and recipe name to IMAGE_INSTALL_append in local.conf file.
>
> https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/67001/
>
> https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/61209/

Hi Vijay,

I hate to be rude but this is terrible advice. That recipe likely has
dependencies on other recipes and before you know it you'd be
assembling a completely untested mess of copy & pasted recipes with no
clean upgrade path.

I recommend looking at the project documentation, watch Josef's
excellent live coding videos
(https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD4M5FoHz-TxMfBFrDKfIS_GLY25Qsfyj),
maybe check out a book or work through a tutorial. Once you understand
the layer system you'll see that it's easy to add the required layers
properly.

Paul Barker
Konsulko Group

* Re: [yocto] requesting help
@ 2021-01-16 14:10     ` U RAVI KUMAR
From: U RAVI KUMAR @ 2021-01-16 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

      I will check the live coding videos.Thanks paul.
Thanks & Regards
RAVI_UPPADA

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 7:04 PM Paul Barker <pbarker@konsulko.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 at 04:12, Vijay Rakesh Munganda
> <vijayrakeshmunganda@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Ravi,
> >
> > Below links might help you, choose one of the them you need. Download
> and add this recipe into the your build and recipe name to
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append in local.conf file.
> >
> > https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/67001/
> >
> > https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/61209/
>
> Hi Vijay,
>
> I hate to be rude but this is terrible advice. That recipe likely has
> dependencies on other recipes and before you know it you'd be
> assembling a completely untested mess of copy & pasted recipes with no
> clean upgrade path.
>
> I recommend looking at the project documentation, watch Josef's
> excellent live coding videos
> (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD4M5FoHz-TxMfBFrDKfIS_GLY25Qsfyj
> ),
> maybe check out a book or work through a tutorial. Once you understand
> the layer system you'll see that it's easy to add the required layers
> properly.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Paul Barker
> Konsulko Group

* Re: [yocto] requesting help
@ 2021-01-16 14:14       ` Vijay Rakesh Munganda
From: Vijay Rakesh Munganda @ 2021-01-16 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Paul,

I apologise, thanks for the correction.

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay Rakesh

> On 16-Jan-2021, at 19:41, U RAVI KUMAR <uppadaravi2511@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>       I will check the live coding videos.Thanks paul.
> Thanks & Regards
> RAVI_UPPADA
>
>> On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 7:04 PM Paul Barker <pbarker@konsulko.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 at 04:12, Vijay Rakesh Munganda
>> <vijayrakeshmunganda@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Ravi,
>> >
>> > Below links might help you, choose one of the them you need. Download and add this recipe into the your build and recipe name to IMAGE_INSTALL_append in local.conf file.
>> >
>> > https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/67001/
>> >
>> > https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/61209/
>>
>> Hi Vijay,
>>
>> I hate to be rude but this is terrible advice. That recipe likely has
>> dependencies on other recipes and before you know it you'd be
>> assembling a completely untested mess of copy & pasted recipes with no
>> clean upgrade path.
>>
>> I recommend looking at the project documentation, watch Josef's
>> excellent live coding videos
>> (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD4M5FoHz-TxMfBFrDKfIS_GLY25Qsfyj),
>> maybe check out a book or work through a tutorial. Once you understand
>> the layer system you'll see that it's easy to add the required layers
>> properly.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>> Paul Barker
>> Konsulko Group

* Re: [yocto] requesting help
@ 2021-01-18 11:10         ` U RAVI KUMAR
From: U RAVI KUMAR @ 2021-01-18 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello everyone,

                  I have added the qtbrowser in the local.conf file and
included meta-arago-extras and compiled the build using bitbake but
qtwebbrowser is not showing up. And the problem is the display is not
showing up after one time boot(i.e only display i coming for the first time
and from the second time display is not being shown up). A blank screen is
being displayed. Can u pls help me out.

Thanks and regards
RAVI UPPADA

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 7:44 PM Vijay Rakesh Munganda <
vijayrakeshmunganda@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> I apologise, thanks for the correction.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Vijay Rakesh
>
> On 16-Jan-2021, at 19:41, U RAVI KUMAR <uppadaravi2511@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>       I will check the live coding videos.Thanks paul.
> Thanks & Regards
> RAVI_UPPADA
>
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 7:04 PM Paul Barker <pbarker@konsulko.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 at 04:12, Vijay Rakesh Munganda
>> <vijayrakeshmunganda@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Ravi,
>> >
>> > Below links might help you, choose one of the them you need. Download
>> and add this recipe into the your build and recipe name to
>> IMAGE_INSTALL_append in local.conf file.
>> >
>> > https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/67001/
>> >
>> > https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/61209/
>>
>> Hi Vijay,
>>
>> I hate to be rude but this is terrible advice. That recipe likely has
>> dependencies on other recipes and before you know it you'd be
>> assembling a completely untested mess of copy & pasted recipes with no
>> clean upgrade path.
>>
>> I recommend looking at the project documentation, watch Josef's
>> excellent live coding videos
>> (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD4M5FoHz-TxMfBFrDKfIS_GLY25Qsfyj
>> ),
>> maybe check out a book or work through a tutorial. Once you understand
>> the layer system you'll see that it's easy to add the required layers
>> properly.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>> Paul Barker
>> Konsulko Group

* Re: Requesting help.
@ 2004-02-19 18:52 ` John A. Sullivan III
From: John A. Sullivan III @ 2004-02-19 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mani; +Cc: netfilter

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 06:19, Manikandan wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>         I have got a Redhat linux 9.0 box running as gateway and
> serving my LAN of 80 odd windows/unix work stations. It has got 2
> NICs, one is hooked to LAN switch and the other one is connected to my
> DSL Router. I have got a pool of /29 public IP addresses .
>
> One IP address is already assigned to my Router and the other one to
> my linux gateway. Now I am left with few more public IP's.
>
> I would like to forward one of my public IP to my local LAN system. So
> that all requests coming to that particular IP address will be
> answered by my system in LAN.
>
> How can I achieve that? . Do I need to create IP alias in my gateway?
> I read through so many documents which only left me wondering where I
> am now. Could someone help me?
>

> Regards,
>
> Manikandan

If I understand you correctly, you are really doing a very
straightforward NAT of an internal device to the external world.

First, I would strongly suggest that you add a third NIC to the gateway
and create a separate protected DMZ.  If someone happens to crack the
public exposed device through some application layer exploit and the
device resides on your local LAN, you could open up your entire internal
network to the cracker.

The rules are pretty simple.  If all you have is one device always
mapping to one network, create a SNAT rule for it in -t nat POSTROUTING
so that it always sends traffic to the Internet using the public address
and a DNAT rule for it in -t nat PREROUTING so that all packets
addressed to the public address are changed to the devices private
address.  I suppose that, in theory, you may even be able to dispense
with the SNAT rule.

You can find a slide show on how to do this in the training section on
http://iscs.sourceforge.net or you could look at Oskar Andreasson's
excellent tutorial on
http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial.html
--
Open Source Development Corporation
Financially Sustainable open source development

* Requesting help.
@ 2004-02-19 11:19 Manikandan
From: Manikandan @ 2004-02-19 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter