* requesting help
@ 2021-01-16  3:37 U RAVI KUMAR
From: U RAVI KUMAR @ 2021-01-16  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello guys,
                    I have built a linux distribution using
core-image-sato.I want a qtwebbrowser as one of the application to be
installed on the OS. can anyone pls help me through this process.

Thanks and Regards,
ravi_uppada

* Re: [yocto] requesting help
@ 2021-01-16  4:12 ` Vijay Rakesh Munganda
From: Vijay Rakesh Munganda @ 2021-01-16  4:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: U RAVI KUMAR; +Cc: yocto

Hi Ravi,

Below links might help you, choose one of the them you need. Download and add this recipe into the your build and recipe name to IMAGE_INSTALL_append in local.conf file.

https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/67001/

https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/61209/

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay Rakesh

> On 16-Jan-2021, at 09:07, U RAVI KUMAR <uppadaravi2511@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello guys,
>                     I have built a linux distribution using core-image-sato.I want a qtwebbrowser as one of the application to be installed on the OS. can anyone pls help me through this process.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> ravi_uppada

* Re: [yocto] requesting help
@ 2021-01-16 13:28   ` U RAVI KUMAR
From: U RAVI KUMAR @ 2021-01-16 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vijay Rakesh Munganda; +Cc: yocto

Thanks, I'll check them out. And will i be able to configure the browser?
please suggest.

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 9:42 AM Vijay Rakesh Munganda <
vijayrakeshmunganda@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ravi,
>
> Below links might help you, choose one of the them you need. Download and
> add this recipe into the your build and recipe name to
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append in local.conf file.
>
> https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/67001/
>
> https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/61209/
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Vijay Rakesh
>
> On 16-Jan-2021, at 09:07, U RAVI KUMAR <uppadaravi2511@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hello guys,
>                     I have built a linux distribution using
> core-image-sato.I want a qtwebbrowser as one of the application to be
> installed on the OS. can anyone pls help me through this process.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> ravi_uppada

* Re: [yocto] requesting help
@ 2021-01-16 13:34   ` Paul Barker
From: Paul Barker @ 2021-01-16 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 at 04:12, Vijay Rakesh Munganda
<vijayrakeshmunganda@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ravi,
>
> Below links might help you, choose one of the them you need. Download and add this recipe into the your build and recipe name to IMAGE_INSTALL_append in local.conf file.
>
> https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/67001/
>
> https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/61209/

Hi Vijay,

I hate to be rude but this is terrible advice. That recipe likely has
dependencies on other recipes and before you know it you'd be
assembling a completely untested mess of copy & pasted recipes with no
clean upgrade path.

I recommend looking at the project documentation, watch Josef's
excellent live coding videos
(https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD4M5FoHz-TxMfBFrDKfIS_GLY25Qsfyj),
maybe check out a book or work through a tutorial. Once you understand
the layer system you'll see that it's easy to add the required layers
properly.

Paul Barker
Konsulko Group

* Re: [yocto] requesting help
@ 2021-01-16 14:10     ` U RAVI KUMAR
From: U RAVI KUMAR @ 2021-01-16 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

      I will check the live coding videos.Thanks paul.
Thanks & Regards
RAVI_UPPADA

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 7:04 PM Paul Barker <pbarker@konsulko.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 at 04:12, Vijay Rakesh Munganda
> <vijayrakeshmunganda@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Ravi,
> >
> > Below links might help you, choose one of the them you need. Download
> and add this recipe into the your build and recipe name to
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append in local.conf file.
> >
> > https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/67001/
> >
> > https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/61209/
>
> Hi Vijay,
>
> I hate to be rude but this is terrible advice. That recipe likely has
> dependencies on other recipes and before you know it you'd be
> assembling a completely untested mess of copy & pasted recipes with no
> clean upgrade path.
>
> I recommend looking at the project documentation, watch Josef's
> excellent live coding videos
> (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD4M5FoHz-TxMfBFrDKfIS_GLY25Qsfyj
> ),
> maybe check out a book or work through a tutorial. Once you understand
> the layer system you'll see that it's easy to add the required layers
> properly.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Paul Barker
> Konsulko Group

* Re: [yocto] requesting help
@ 2021-01-16 14:14       ` Vijay Rakesh Munganda
From: Vijay Rakesh Munganda @ 2021-01-16 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Paul,

I apologise, thanks for the correction.

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay Rakesh

> On 16-Jan-2021, at 19:41, U RAVI KUMAR <uppadaravi2511@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>       I will check the live coding videos.Thanks paul.
> Thanks & Regards
> RAVI_UPPADA
>
>> On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 7:04 PM Paul Barker <pbarker@konsulko.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 at 04:12, Vijay Rakesh Munganda
>> <vijayrakeshmunganda@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Ravi,
>> >
>> > Below links might help you, choose one of the them you need. Download and add this recipe into the your build and recipe name to IMAGE_INSTALL_append in local.conf file.
>> >
>> > https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/67001/
>> >
>> > https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/61209/
>>
>> Hi Vijay,
>>
>> I hate to be rude but this is terrible advice. That recipe likely has
>> dependencies on other recipes and before you know it you'd be
>> assembling a completely untested mess of copy & pasted recipes with no
>> clean upgrade path.
>>
>> I recommend looking at the project documentation, watch Josef's
>> excellent live coding videos
>> (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD4M5FoHz-TxMfBFrDKfIS_GLY25Qsfyj),
>> maybe check out a book or work through a tutorial. Once you understand
>> the layer system you'll see that it's easy to add the required layers
>> properly.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>> Paul Barker