* Remove a recipe's do_install_append() function in an append file
@ 2017-03-23 22:28 Cody Piersall
From: Cody Piersall @ 2017-03-23 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello,

I am building zsh from meta-oe layer, and it has a do_install_append()
function defined like this:

do_install_append () {
    rm -fr ${D}/usr/share
}

which gets rid of lots lots of useful functionality, like
context-aware autocompletion.  Can a bbappend file get rid of that
function, or do I need to edit the actual recipe? I've attempted
defining an empty do_install_append() { : } but it didn't work.

Thanks,
Cody

* Remove a recipe's do_install_append() function in an append file
@ 2017-03-24 13:49 Cody Piersall