* [cip-dev] about patch review process
@ 2019-03-14  4:35 Nobuhiro Iwamatsu
From: Nobuhiro Iwamatsu @ 2019-03-14  4:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi, all.

The kernel team is reviewing the stable tree patch that is the basis
of the CIP kernel.
The review results are managed on the wiki[0], but they have not been
updated often.
The kernel team discussed the issue in IRC and considered a simple process.

I created a template with a tool[1] to create these wiki pages and
v4.4.176[2] patch list.
The review process considers the following:

1. A new LTS will be released.
2. Create a list on wiki.
3. Mark the review and the name of the worker and mark (UR: under
review) under the commit.
4. When the review is over, update the mark.
5. Work report on IRC.

I would like to make the review active based on these. This list is
also maintained in the git repository[1].
These are classical andalso suggestions. If you have an opinion,
please let me know.

Best regards,
  Nobuhiro

[0]: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/linux-4.4.y
[1]: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/lts-commit-list
[2]: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/review-linux-4.4.176

* [cip-dev] about patch review process
@ 2019-03-14 10:02 ` Agustin Benito Bethencourt
From: Agustin Benito Bethencourt @ 2019-03-14 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi,

On jueves, 14 de marzo de 2019 5:35:54 (CET) Nobuhiro Iwamatsu wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> The kernel team is reviewing the stable tree patch that is the basis
> of the CIP kernel.
> The review results are managed on the wiki[0], but they have not been
> updated often.
> The kernel team discussed the issue in IRC and considered a simple process.
>
> I created a template with a tool[1] to create these wiki pages and
> v4.4.176[2] patch list.
> The review process considers the following:
>
> 1. A new LTS will be released.
> 2. Create a list on wiki.
> 3. Mark the review and the name of the worker and mark (UR: under
> review) under the commit.
> 4. When the review is over, update the mark.
> 5. Work report on IRC.
>
> I would like to make the review active based on these. This list is
> also maintained in the git repository[1].
> These are classical andalso suggestions. If you have an opinion,
> please let me know.

I think it would be easier to use the Gitlab wiki if you want to automate the
process since it has git in the backend and you can orchestrate the process
through pipelines. Then I would point to the specific gitlab wiki page in the
LF wiki.

> Best regards,
>   Nobuhiro
>
> [0]:
> https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/linux-4.4.y
> [1]: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/lts-commit-list
> [2]:
> https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/review-linux-4
> .4.176 _______________________________________________
> cip-dev mailing list
> cip-dev at lists.cip-project.org

Agust?n Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant
Codethink Ltd
We respect your privacy.   See https://www.codethink.co.uk/privacy.html

* [cip-dev] about patch review process
@ 2019-03-17 23:07   ` Nobuhiro Iwamatsu
From: Nobuhiro Iwamatsu @ 2019-03-17 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi, Agustin.

> I think it would be easier to use the Gitlab wiki if you want to automate the
> process since it has git in the backend and you can orchestrate the process
> through pipelines. Then I would point to the specific gitlab wiki page in the
> LF wiki.

Absolutely.
I will try to use Gitlab wiki.

Thanks,
  Nobuhiro

@ 2019-03-28  9:55     ` Nobuhiro Iwamatsu
From: Nobuhiro Iwamatsu @ 2019-03-28  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi,

Although not automated yet, I created a page in gitlab wiki.I need to
learn API of gitlab...

https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/lts-commit-list/wikis/Review-linux-4.4.y

Best regards,
  Nobuhiro