* Applying patches to U-boot 2019.04
@ 2022-03-22 14:43 logananth hcl
From: logananth hcl @ 2022-03-22 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc; +Cc: velumanit, joel

Hai all,
I'm trying to port the u-boot to the 2019.04-aspeed-openbmc,
Here trying to apply *.patch file and also applying the defconfig for the
u-boot from the specific meta-layer.

In this case, the defconfig file changes have been applied clearly to
u-boot in tmp, but those patch files are copying to the machine tmp folder
but not applied to the code!

Is there any restriction for applying patches to the 2019.04-aspeed openbmc
?
If not, is there any other suggestion for applying patches.

* Re: Applying patches to U-boot 2019.04
@ 2022-03-23  4:05 ` Andrew Jeffery
From: Andrew Jeffery @ 2022-03-23  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: logananth hcl, openbmc; +Cc: Velumani T-ERS, HCLTech, Joel Stanley

On Wed, 23 Mar 2022, at 01:13, logananth hcl wrote:
> Hai all,
> I'm trying to port the u-boot to the 2019.04-aspeed-openbmc,
> Here trying to apply *.patch file and also applying the defconfig for the
> u-boot from the specific meta-layer.
>
> In this case, the defconfig file changes have been applied clearly to
> u-boot in tmp, but those patch files are copying to the machine tmp folder
> but not applied to the code!
>
> Is there any restriction for applying patches to the 2019.04-aspeed openbmc
> ?
> If not, is there any other suggestion for applying patches.

Send them to this list so we can apply them to the openbmc/u-boot tree :)

Andrew

* Re: Applying patches to U-boot 2019.04
@ 2022-03-23 14:55   ` logananth hcl
From: logananth hcl @ 2022-03-23 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Jeffery, openbmc; +Cc: Velumani T-ERS, HCLTech, Joel Stanley

I have pushed the related machine layer u-boot patch files,
in the following gerrit link,

https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/openbmc/+/52263

Suggest me to add these patch files to the list.

In the local build itself, u-boot bb_patches are not applied during
bitbake(copied to the build's u-boot folder), is there any restriction on
this to apply bb_patch files.
I'm facing repotest failure, I think that will be resolved once it is added
in the repotest.

@ 2022-03-24 16:00     ` Patrick Williams
From: Patrick Williams @ 2022-03-24 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: logananth hcl
  Cc: Andrew Jeffery, openbmc, Velumani T-ERS, HCLTech, Joel Stanley

On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 08:25:18PM +0530, logananth hcl wrote:
> I have pushed the related machine layer u-boot patch files,
> in the following gerrit link,
>
> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/openbmc/+/52263
>
> Suggest me to add these patch files to the list.
>
> In the local build itself, u-boot bb_patches are not applied during
> bitbake(copied to the build's u-boot folder), is there any restriction on
> this to apply bb_patch files.

I don't see this behavior.  I downloaded your patch and see the correct
modifications in my build directory.  I checked this file and see the
'console_slotN' modifications from patch 0002 being applied.  Are you
certain they are not applying for you?

.../lf-build-yosemitev2/tmp/work/yosemitev2-openbmc-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-aspeed-sdk/1_v2019.04+gitAUTOINC+ed55c4e7c3-r0/git/arch/arm/mach-aspeed/ast2500/platform.S

> I'm facing repotest failure, I think that will be resolved once it is added
> in the repotest.

I made the same comment in the commit, but we can simply update the
paths in repotest.  You've only renamed the files so we can move the
paths in repotest at the same time (with the same commit).  We just
don't want to add new patches.

--
Patrick Williams

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Applying patches to U-boot 2019.04
@ 2022-03-25 15:40       ` logananth hcl
From: logananth hcl @ 2022-03-25 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Williams, Andrew Jeffery
  Cc: openbmc, Velumani T-ERS, HCLTech, Joel Stanley