* Yocto Layers not getting recognized by bitbake
@ 2013-06-17 17:08 varun bhatnagar
From: varun bhatnagar @ 2013-06-17 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I am trying to compile my code using yocto. For that I have created two
layers: "meta-networking" and "meta-oe". I have added these dependencies in
bblayer.conf too. But these are not getting build. Can anyone please tell
me what should I do to make this work.

//
Varun

* Re: Yocto Layers not getting recognized by bitbake
@ 2013-06-17 17:33 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2013-06-17 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 2013-06-17 18:08, varun bhatnagar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile my code using yocto. For that I have created two layers: "meta-networking" and "meta-oe". I have added these dependencies in bblayer.conf too. But these are
> not getting build. Can anyone please tell me what should I do to make this work.

More details are needed to be able to help.

What do you mean "not getting built"?  Do you mean that if you
try to build recipe XYZ which is in one of those layers that it's
not being built?  Or perhaps you mean something else?

What do you mean "created two layers: ..."?  Did you just extract
these from meta-openembedded?  or something else?

* Re: Yocto Layers not getting recognized by bitbake
@ 2013-06-17 18:03   ` varun bhatnagar
From: varun bhatnagar @ 2013-06-17 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Actually the package which I am building is having some dependencies on
some libraries. So I provided those libraries with the help of creating
layers. I did not extract those from meta-openembedded, instead, I manually
created two layers and added them in bblayer.conf file. Now, after
configuring all this stuff I am again trying to recompile my code but still
I am getting the same error saying that it is not able to find those
libraries provided by me in the form of layers.

@ 2013-06-17 21:02     ` Sudhangathan B S
From: Sudhangathan B S @ 2013-06-17 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: varun bhatnagar; +Cc: yocto

Can you please paste your command and it's output here..! If you don't
mind..!! Or explain with equivalent clarity. It
l will good if you can also put in your directory structure.

---------------------------------
Sudhangathan BS
Ph:(+91) 9731-905-205
---------------------------------

@ 2013-06-18 16:28       ` varun bhatnagar
From: varun bhatnagar @ 2013-06-18 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I am building one of my application using yocto by giving bitbake -k
core-image-minimal command but I am facing some errors as this application
requires two libraries
*1) net-snmp*
*2) fuse*
*
*
I have one link where in they are asking to add these two libraries in the
form of layers and then execute bitbake -k core-image-minimal command.

I am pasting one screenshot below:

As you can I have added two layers meta-networking (contains net-snmp) and
meta-oe(contains fuse). After this I added these layers in *
build/conf/bblayer.conf.*
*
*
*
*
After this I again executed bitbake -k core-image-minimal command but I
faced the same error as before... :(
Is there anyway that these layers get recognized? Do I need to execute some
other command?

//
Varun

@ 2013-06-18 16:41         ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2013-06-18 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 2013-06-18 17:28, varun bhatnagar wrote:
> I am building one of my application using yocto by giving bitbake -k core-image-minimal command but I am facing some errors as this application requires two libraries
> *1) net-snmp*
> *2) fuse*
> *
> *
> I have one link where in they are asking to add these two libraries in the form of layers and then execute bitbake -k core-image-minimal command.
>
> I am pasting one screenshot below:
>
> As you can I have added two layers meta-networking (contains net-snmp) and meta-oe(contains fuse). After this I added these layers in *build/conf/bblayer.conf.*
> *
> *
> *
> *
> After this I again executed bitbake -k core-image-minimal command but I faced the same error as before... :(
> Is there anyway that these layers get recognized? Do I need to execute some other command?

Obviously, this is a recipe that you made.

Does it show these dependencies?  e.g. a line like this in your recipe file:
   DEPENDS = "net-snmp fuse"
(or whatever the *packages* that you need are)

Bitbake can't read your mind; it will only build the recipes you ask and the
dependencies which are explicitly specified in that build chain.

If you still have trouble, try sending your recipe (.bb file and all other
components you might have), bblayers.conf, etc to the list because we're not
mind readers either :-)

@ 2013-06-19 16:10           ` varun bhatnagar
From: varun bhatnagar @ 2013-06-19 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Thanks for the reply Gary. I am attaching recipe file below. Please have a
look at it. And yes, there is a line where in all the dependencies are
given.
And this is the link from where I created the layer :
http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/

//
Varun

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM, Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> gary@mlbassoc.com>> wrote:
>>
>>             On 2013-06-17 18:08, varun bhatnagar wrote:
>>
>>                 Hi,
>>
>>                 I am trying to compile my code using yocto. For that I
>> have created two layers: "meta-networking" and "meta-oe". I have added
>> these dependencies in bblayer.conf
>>                 too. But these are
>>                 not getting build. Can anyone please tell me what should
>> I do to make this work.
>>

>>             More details are needed to be able to help.
>>
>>             What do you mean "not getting built"?  Do you mean that if you
>>             try to build recipe XYZ which is in one of those layers that
>> it's
>>             not being built?  Or perhaps you mean something else?
>>
>>             What do you mean "created two layers: ..."?  Did you just
>> extract
>>             these from meta-openembedded?  or something else?

[-- Attachment #2: myRecipe.bb.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 790 bytes --]

DESCRIPTION = "bitake file"
DEPENDS = "net-snmp fuse"
RDEPENDS = "curl rpm openssh openldap procps psmisc sed net-snmp-server"
LICENSE = "GPLv2+"
PR = "r0"
SRC_URI = "file:///home/user/Myapp.tar.gz"
EXTRA_OECMAKE += "-DCMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH=${STAGING_DIR_HOST} "
EXTRA_OECMAKE += "-DTARGET_ARCHITECTURE=${TARGET_ARCH} "
EXTRA_OECMAKE += "-DCMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME=Linux "
EXTRA_OECMAKE += "-DCMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION=1 "
EXTRA_OECMAKE += "-DRSTATE=${PR} "
EXTRA_OECMAKE += "-DCMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_PROGRAM=NEVER "
EXTRA_OECMAKE += "-DCMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_LIBRARY=ONLY "
EXTRA_OECMAKE += "-DCMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_INCLUDE=ONLY "
EXTRA_OECMAKE += "-DRPM=1 "

inherit cmake

do_configure(){
        cmake ..${EXTRA_OECMAKE}
}

do_compile(){
        oe_runmake all
}

* Yocto Layers not getting recognized by bitbake
@ 2013-06-22 19:04             ` varun bhatnagar
From: varun bhatnagar @ 2013-06-22 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Sorry I am sending this again but can anybody suggest something for this
problem please (please go through the mail chain below).

//
Varun

Forwarded conversation
Subject: Yocto Layers not getting recognized by bitbake
------------------------

From: *Gary Thomas* <gary@mlbassoc.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM
To: yocto@yoctoproject.org

----------
From: *varun bhatnagar* <varun292006@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 9:40 PM
To: "yocto@yoctoproject.org" <yocto@yoctoproject.org>

@ 2013-06-25 10:46               ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2013-06-25 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: varun bhatnagar; +Cc: yocto

On Sunday 23 June 2013 00:34:17 varun bhatnagar wrote:
> [...]
> mind readers either :-)
>
> > On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 2:32 AM, Sudhangathan B S
> > <sudhangathan@gmail.com<mailto:>
> > sudhangathan@gmail.com**>> wrote:
> >     Can you please paste your command and it's output here..! If you don't
> >
> > mind..!! Or explain with equivalent clarity. It
> >
> >     l will good if you can also put in your directory structure.
> >
> >     ------------------------------**---
> >     Sudhangathan BS
> >     Ph:(+91) 9731-905-205
> >     ------------------------------**---
> >

> >     On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 11:33 PM, varun bhatnagar <
> >
> > varun292006@gmail.com <mailto:varun292006@gmail.com>**> wrote:
> >         Actually the package which I am building is having some
> >
> > dependencies on some libraries. So I provided those libraries with the
> > help of creating layers. I did not extract those from meta-openembedded,
> > instead, I manually created two layers and added them in bblayer.conf file.

Rather than creating these layers from scratch (which I think is the most
likely source of the problem) I'd suggest starting by cloning the original
meta-openembedded repository and building your recipe with the meta-networking
and meta-oe layers enabled in your bblayers.conf file.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Re: Yocto Layers not getting recognized by bitbake
@ 2013-06-25 19:04                 ` varun bhatnagar
From: varun bhatnagar @ 2013-06-25 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggleton, yocto

Thanks a ton for the reply Paul.... :)
But how to clone the meta-openembedded repository. I am not very clear on
the suggestion given by you.  :(
Can you please provide some steps on how to do this (cloning open-embedded
repository).

//
Varun

@ 2013-06-25 19:13                   ` Saul Wold
From: Saul Wold @ 2013-06-25 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: varun bhatnagar; +Cc: Paul Eggleton, yocto

On 06/25/2013 12:04 PM, varun bhatnagar wrote:
> Thanks a ton for the reply Paul.... :)
> But how to clone the meta-openembedded repository. I am not very clear
> on the suggestion given by you.  :(
> Can you please provide some steps on how to do this (cloning
> open-embedded repository).

Paul is suggesting that you use the git tools to clone the repo.

you can get man pages for git, but the summary is:

git clone git://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded

in the poky directory, this will bring everything you need.

Sau!

@ 2013-06-27 17:58                     ` varun bhatnagar
From: varun bhatnagar @ 2013-06-27 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saul Wold, yocto

 Thanks a ton Paul and Saul for the reply. Your suggestion worked. :)
But after building my recipe file I executed bitbake -k core-image-minimal
and I got the following error:

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['app-ea']
ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'app-ea' (but
/local/varun/poky-yocto-1.4-m3/meta/recipes-core/images/
core-image-minimal.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
NOTE: Runtime target 'com-ea' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['test-ea']
ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'tipcutils' (but
/local/varun/poky-yocto-1.4-m3/meta/recipes-core/images/
core-image-minimal.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
NOTE: Runtime target 'tipcutils' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['tipcutils']
NOTE: Preparing runqueue
ERROR: All buildable tasks have been run but the build is incomplete
(--continue mode). Errors for the tasks that failed will have been printed
above.

Any idea how to resolve this one?

//

@ 2013-06-27 20:25                       ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2013-06-27 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: varun bhatnagar; +Cc: yocto

On Thursday 27 June 2013 23:28:05 varun bhatnagar wrote:
>  Thanks a ton Paul and Saul for the reply. Your suggestion worked. :)
> But after building my recipe file I executed bitbake -k core-image-minimal
> and I got the following error:
>
> NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['app-ea']
> ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'app-ea' (but
> /local/varun/poky-yocto-1.4-m3/meta/recipes-core/images/
> core-image-minimal.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
> NOTE: Runtime target 'com-ea' is unbuildable, removing...
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['test-ea']
> ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'tipcutils' (but
> /local/varun/poky-yocto-1.4-m3/meta/recipes-core/images/
> core-image-minimal.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
> NOTE: Runtime target 'tipcutils' is unbuildable, removing...
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['tipcutils']
> NOTE: Preparing runqueue
> ERROR: All buildable tasks have been run but the build is incomplete
> (--continue mode). Errors for the tasks that failed will have been printed
> above.

> Any idea how to resolve this one?

None of "com-ea", "test-ea" or "tipcutils" are normally in core-image-minimal
nor are they in any OE layer that I am aware of. I can only suggest that you
might have added these to CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL, is that correct? If so,
either remove these or ensure they actually exist somewhere in an enabled
layer where that layer has BBFILES correctly set up in its conf/layer.conf file
to match the directory structure of the layer.

Cheers,
Paul

--

@ 2013-06-29 18:35                         ` varun bhatnagar
From: varun bhatnagar @ 2013-06-29 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggleton, yocto

Yes Paul that was the entry was there in CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL. I have
removed it from there but I need to add the command provided by these
packages in my image. So I have added one line in my layer.conf file
"IMAGE_INSTALL_append= test-ea ". Now if I try to run bitbake -k
core-image-minimal, it gives me a message saying "Nothing provides
test-ea". What shall I do? (I have build the recipe file of test-ea without
any error.)

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 1:55 AM, Paul Eggleton <

@ 2013-07-01  9:48                           ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2013-07-01  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: varun bhatnagar; +Cc: yocto

On Sunday 30 June 2013 00:05:58 varun bhatnagar wrote:
> Yes Paul that was the entry was there in CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL. I have
> removed it from there but I need to add the command provided by these
> packages in my image. So I have added one line in my layer.conf file
> "IMAGE_INSTALL_append= test-ea ". Now if I try to run bitbake -k
> core-image-minimal, it gives me a message saying "Nothing provides
> test-ea". What shall I do? (I have build the recipe file of test-ea without
> any error.)

Can you show me what the test-ea recipe contains?

Cheers,
Paul

--

@ 2013-07-12 18:23                             ` varun bhatnagar