* sched_yield() call on Linux Kernel 2.6.39 is not behaving correct
@ 2015-01-07 21:30 Yogesh Ahire
From: Yogesh Ahire @ 2015-01-07 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi All,

I have a system with multiple CPU cores.  I have multiple threads
assigned to particular CPU. Among these threads the main thread calls
sched_yield() if it has nothing to do, I am hoping that doing so will
give chance to other threads to run. But the strange behavior of
sched_yield() is , even if there are ready-to-runs tasks on this CPU
waiting for their turn, the task which calls sched_yield() is always
running ( get scheduled) and not giving chance to any other task to
run. It is consuming 100% of CPU. Is sched_yield() is broken on 2.6
Kernel?

Thanks
Thanks