* spi-thunderx (OcteonTX) max SPI frequency
@ 2021-09-22 16:14 Tim Harvey
From: Tim Harvey @ 2021-09-22 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-spi, David Daney, Jan Glauber

Greetings,

Does anyone know why the MAX spi frequency for the spi-thunderx driver
would be 16MHz? The CN81XX HM states the SPI clock frequency can go up
to 50MHz.

The driver was originally for Octeon (I'm thinking this was CN7xxx
SoC's?) which perhaps were limited to 16MHz yet I downloaded a CN70XX
ref manual and it shows 25MHz.

I don't know my history regarding the Cavium (now Marvell) SoC's well
enough to know exactly what Octeon means or meant vs ThunderX. Hoping
someone from Marvell can answer this.

Best regards,

Tim