* Notifications signup
@ 2021-10-14 18:28 Aya Mahfouz
From: Aya Mahfouz @ 2021-10-14 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci

Hello,

   I would like to sign up for receiving notifications of incoming build
results. In addition, I would like to ask if there is an API for the public
to fetch the build results in json format.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,
Aya Saif El-yazal Mahfouz

* Re: Notifications signup
@ 2021-10-15  9:16 ` Nikolai Kondrashov
From: Nikolai Kondrashov @ 2021-10-15  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci, mahfouz.saif.elyazal

Hi Aya,

On 10/14/21 9:28 PM, Aya Mahfouz wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 >     I would like to sign up for receiving notifications of incoming build
 > results. In addition, I would like to ask if there is an API for the public to
 > fetch the build results in json format.

Do you want to receive native KernelCI build result notifications, or the
KCIDB build notifications, which include build results from multiple other CI
systems?

Which criteria do you want the notifications to be filtered by? Particular
tree, repo, architecture, and so on?

Nick

On 10/14/21 9:28 PM, Aya Mahfouz wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I would like to sign up for receiving notifications of incoming build
> results. In addition, I would like to ask if there is an API for the public to
> fetch the build results in json format.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kind Regards,
> Aya Saif El-yazal Mahfouz

* Re: Notifications signup
@ 2021-10-15 15:39   ` Aya Mahfouz
From: Aya Mahfouz @ 2021-10-15 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikolai Kondrashov; +Cc: kernelci

Hello Nikolai,

  I am looking for generic reports so any possible builds will be good.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,
Aya Saif El-yazal Mahfouz

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 11:16 AM Nikolai Kondrashov <spbnick@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Aya,
>
> On 10/14/21 9:28 PM, Aya Mahfouz wrote:
>  > Hello,
>  >
>  >     I would like to sign up for receiving notifications of incoming
> build
>  > results. In addition, I would like to ask if there is an API for the
> public to
>  > fetch the build results in json format.
>
> Do you want to receive native KernelCI build result notifications, or the
> KCIDB build notifications, which include build results from multiple other
> CI
> systems?
>
> Which criteria do you want the notifications to be filtered by? Particular
> tree, repo, architecture, and so on?
>
> Nick
>
> On 10/14/21 9:28 PM, Aya Mahfouz wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >     I would like to sign up for receiving notifications of incoming
> build
> > results. In addition, I would like to ask if there is an API for the
> public to
> > fetch the build results in json format.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> > Aya Saif El-yazal Mahfouz

* Re: Notifications signup
@ 2021-10-15 16:01     ` Guillaume Tucker
From: Guillaume Tucker @ 2021-10-15 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mahfouz.saif.elyazal, Nikolai Kondrashov; +Cc: kernelci

On 15/10/2021 16:39, Aya Mahfouz wrote:
> Hello Nikolai,
>
>   I am looking for generic reports so any possible builds will be good.

The simplest way to get email notifications is to subscribe to
the kernelci-results mailing list:

  https://groups.io/g/kernelci-results

It's quite high volume though, as you can see in the archive:

  https://groups.io/g/kernelci-results/topics

Emails are also sent to kernel maintainers and specific mailing
lists with relevant reports.  For example, you may subscribe to
the linux-next mailing list where reports from kernelci.org are
also sent but only for the linux-next git tree:

  http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-next

See also the archive on Lore:

  https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next/

Best wishes,
Guillaume

> On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 11:16 AM Nikolai Kondrashov <spbnick@gmail.com <mailto:spbnick@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Aya,
>
>     On 10/14/21 9:28 PM, Aya Mahfouz wrote:
>      > Hello,
>      >
>      >     I would like to sign up for receiving notifications of incoming build
>      > results. In addition, I would like to ask if there is an API for the public to
>      > fetch the build results in json format.
>
>     Do you want to receive native KernelCI build result notifications, or the
>     KCIDB build notifications, which include build results from multiple other CI
>     systems?
>
>     Which criteria do you want the notifications to be filtered by? Particular
>     tree, repo, architecture, and so on?
>
>     Nick
>
>     On 10/14/21 9:28 PM, Aya Mahfouz wrote:
>     > Hello,
>     >
>     >     I would like to sign up for receiving notifications of incoming build
>     > results. In addition, I would like to ask if there is an API for the public to
>     > fetch the build results in json format.
>     >
>     > Thanks,
>     >
>     > Kind Regards,
>     > Aya Saif El-yazal Mahfouz

* Re: Notifications signup
@ 2021-10-15 16:13     ` Nikolai Kondrashov
From: Nikolai Kondrashov @ 2021-10-15 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aya Mahfouz; +Cc: kernelci

Hi Aya,

On 10/15/21 6:39 PM, Aya Mahfouz wrote:
 >    I am looking for generic reports so any possible builds will be good.

If the maillists Guillaume suggest don't work for you, I'll be able to
subscribe you to notification emails with the next release of KCIDB, coming
this Autumn. Those would be human-targeted, though.

An alternative to get *structured* KCIDB data could be to mine our dataset
directly with SQL. See examples in the slides for a presentation I did,
starting from this one:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ZrU0z1LvQYYoLOb9vmXUH7aZ9jSFviaenZRcYtEWqVg/edit#slide=id.gbcaa06c4d2_0_44

Links at the bottom of slides should work. Beside the SQL console, there are
of course APIs available for querying.

Another alternative is to subscribe to our submission message queue to receive
build (as well as test) results in (relative) real time, as they come in. We
have a formal, documented schema for those JSON messages.

You can check out what data is available in KCIDB on the dashboard:

     https://kcidb.kernelci.org/

Nick

On 10/15/21 6:39 PM, Aya Mahfouz wrote:
> Hello Nikolai,
>
>    I am looking for generic reports so any possible builds will be good.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kind Regards,
> Aya Saif El-yazal Mahfouz
>

> On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 11:16 AM Nikolai Kondrashov <spbnick@gmail.com
> <mailto:spbnick@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Aya,
>
>     On 10/14/21 9:28 PM, Aya Mahfouz wrote:
>       > Hello,
>       >
>       >     I would like to sign up for receiving notifications of incoming build
>       > results. In addition, I would like to ask if there is an API for the
>     public to
>       > fetch the build results in json format.
>
>     Do you want to receive native KernelCI build result notifications, or the
>     KCIDB build notifications, which include build results from multiple other CI
>     systems?
>
>     Which criteria do you want the notifications to be filtered by? Particular
>     tree, repo, architecture, and so on?
>
>     Nick
>
>     On 10/14/21 9:28 PM, Aya Mahfouz wrote:
>      > Hello,
>      >
>      >     I would like to sign up for receiving notifications of incoming build
>      > results. In addition, I would like to ask if there is an API for the
>     public to
>      > fetch the build results in json format.
>      >
>      > Thanks,
>      >
>      > Kind Regards,
>      > Aya Saif El-yazal Mahfouz
>      >

* Re: Notifications signup
@ 2021-10-15 18:04       ` Aya Mahfouz
From: Aya Mahfouz @ 2021-10-15 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guillaume Tucker; +Cc: Nikolai Kondrashov, kernelci

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 6:01 PM Guillaume Tucker <
guillaume.tucker@collabora.com> wrote:

> On 15/10/2021 16:39, Aya Mahfouz wrote:
> > Hello Nikolai,
> >
> >   I am looking for generic reports so any possible builds will be good.
>
> The simplest way to get email notifications is to subscribe to
> the kernelci-results mailing list:
>
>   https://groups.io/g/kernelci-results
>
> It's quite high volume though, as you can see in the archive:
>
>   https://groups.io/g/kernelci-results/topics
>
> Emails are also sent to kernel maintainers and specific mailing
> lists with relevant reports.  For example, you may subscribe to
> the linux-next mailing list where reports from kernelci.org are
> also sent but only for the linux-next git tree:
>
>   http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-next
>
> See also the archive on Lore:
>
>   https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next/
>
> Hello Guillaume,

Yes, the archive would suffice for me but I am interested in json data.

If I am not mistaken, you are the main contributor in:
 https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-backend
and
 https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-api

For the first, I understand that I would need to have an authentication
token.
In addition, it will be replaced by the second project. For the second,
Will I
need to have an authentication token too for fetching build reports in json
format?

Thanks,

Kind Regards,
Aya Saif El-yazal Mahfouz

Best wishes,
> Guillaume
>
> > On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 11:16 AM Nikolai Kondrashov <spbnick@gmail.com
> <mailto:spbnick@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi Aya,
> >
> >     On 10/14/21 9:28 PM, Aya Mahfouz wrote:
> >      > Hello,
> >      >
> >      >     I would like to sign up for receiving notifications of
> incoming build
> >      > results. In addition, I would like to ask if there is an API for
> the public to
> >      > fetch the build results in json format.
> >
> >     Do you want to receive native KernelCI build result notifications,
> or the
> >     KCIDB build notifications, which include build results from multiple
> other CI
> >     systems?
> >
> >     Which criteria do you want the notifications to be filtered by?
> Particular
> >     tree, repo, architecture, and so on?
> >
> >     Nick
> >
> >     On 10/14/21 9:28 PM, Aya Mahfouz wrote:
> >     > Hello,
> >     >
> >     >     I would like to sign up for receiving notifications of
> incoming build
> >     > results. In addition, I would like to ask if there is an API for
> the public to
> >     > fetch the build results in json format.
> >     >
> >     > Thanks,
> >     >
> >     > Kind Regards,
> >     > Aya Saif El-yazal Mahfouz

* Re: Notifications signup
@ 2021-10-15 18:18       ` Aya Mahfouz
From: Aya Mahfouz @ 2021-10-15 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikolai Kondrashov; +Cc: kernelci

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 6:13 PM Nikolai Kondrashov <spbnick@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Aya,
>
> On 10/15/21 6:39 PM, Aya Mahfouz wrote:
>  >    I am looking for generic reports so any possible builds will be good.
>
> If the maillists Guillaume suggest don't work for you, I'll be able to
> subscribe you to notification emails with the next release of KCIDB,
> coming
> this Autumn. Those would be human-targeted, though.
>
> An alternative to get *structured* KCIDB data could be to mine our dataset
> directly with SQL. See examples in the slides for a presentation I did,
> starting from this one:
>

> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ZrU0z1LvQYYoLOb9vmXUH7aZ9jSFviaenZRcYtEWqVg/edit#slide=id.gbcaa06c4d2_0_44

> Links at the bottom of slides should work. Beside the SQL console, there
> are
> of course APIs available for querying.

Thanks Nick. Yes, I would like to query the data and extract custom results.
However, I can't access it publicly. If the public access is not available
at the
moment. Can you please direct me to how can I use the APIs?

> Another alternative is to subscribe to our submission message queue to
> receive
> build (as well as test) results in (relative) real time, as they come in.
> We
> have a formal, documented schema for those JSON messages.

How can I subscribe to the message queue?

Thanks,

Kind Regards,
Aya Saif El-yazal Mahfouz

* Re: Notifications signup
@ 2021-10-16  8:54         ` Nikolai Kondrashov
From: Nikolai Kondrashov @ 2021-10-16  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci, mahfouz.saif.elyazal, Nikolai Kondrashov

On 10/15/21 9:18 PM, Aya Mahfouz wrote:
 >     An alternative to get *structured* KCIDB data could be to mine our dataset
 >     directly with SQL. See examples in the slides for a presentation I did,
 >     starting from this one:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ZrU0z1LvQYYoLOb9vmXUH7aZ9jSFviaenZRcYtEWqVg/edit#slide=id.gbcaa06c4d2_0_44

<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ZrU0z1LvQYYoLOb9vmXUH7aZ9jSFviaenZRcYtEWqVg/edit#slide=id.gbcaa06c4d2_0_44>

 >     Links at the bottom of slides should work. Beside the SQL console,
there are
 >     of course APIs available for querying.
 >
 > Thanks Nick. Yes, I would like to query the data and extract custom results.
 > However, I can't access it publicly. If the public access is not available
at the
 > moment. Can you please direct me to how can I use the APIs?

Yes, unfortunately, you need to be authenticated to Google, but any account
should be able to access the database. If not, I will need to fix it.
What didn't work for you?

Regarding the APIs, here's the intro to libraries in various languages:

     https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/reference/libraries

And here's the REST API reference:

     https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/reference/rest

 >     Another alternative is to subscribe to our submission message queue to
 >     receive
 >     build (as well as test) results in (relative) real time, as they come
in. We
 >     have a formal, documented schema for those JSON messages.
 >
 > How can I subscribe to the message queue?

Check out the available Google PubSub libraries:

     https://cloud.google.com/pubsub/docs/reference/libraries

I can create a subscription for you and a service account, then setup access,
and send you the service account key, which you can use to receive the data as
it comes in using the libraries, or just the gcloud or kcidb command-line
tools for the start. A REST API is also available:

     https://cloud.google.com/pubsub/docs/reference/rest

If this works for you, I'll set it up and send you the key.

Nick

* Re: Notifications signup
@ 2021-10-16 19:40           ` Aya Mahfouz
       [not found]             ` <16AF15C1A99967B5.13161@groups.io>
From: Aya Mahfouz @ 2021-10-16 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikolai Kondrashov; +Cc: kernelci, Nikolai Kondrashov

On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 10:55 AM Nikolai Kondrashov <
Nikolai.Kondrashov@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 10/15/21 9:18 PM, Aya Mahfouz wrote:
>  >     An alternative to get *structured* KCIDB data could be to mine our
> dataset
>  >     directly with SQL. See examples in the slides for a presentation I
> did,
>  >     starting from this one:
>  >
>  >
>  >

> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ZrU0z1LvQYYoLOb9vmXUH7aZ9jSFviaenZRcYtEWqVg/edit#slide=id.gbcaa06c4d2_0_44
>  >
> <
> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ZrU0z1LvQYYoLOb9vmXUH7aZ9jSFviaenZRcYtEWqVg/edit#slide=id.gbcaa06c4d2_0_44
> >
>  >
>  >
>  >     Links at the bottom of slides should work. Beside the SQL console,
> there are
>  >     of course APIs available for querying.
>  >
>  > Thanks Nick. Yes, I would like to query the data and extract custom
> results.
>  > However, I can't access it publicly. If the public access is not
> available
> at the
>  > moment. Can you please direct me to how can I use the APIs?
>
> Yes, unfortunately, you need to be authenticated to Google, but any
> account
> should be able to access the database. If not, I will need to fix it.
> What didn't work for you?

Thanks Nick. Now that you have told me, I revised the list of public
projects available and
found that you have the project listed as tutorial. So, it is working fine.

> Regarding the APIs, here's the intro to libraries in various languages:
>
>      https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/reference/libraries
>
> And here's the REST API reference:
>
>      https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/reference/rest
>
>  >     Another alternative is to subscribe to our submission message queue
>  >     receive
>  >     build (as well as test) results in (relative) real time, as they
> come
> in. We
>  >     have a formal, documented schema for those JSON messages.
>  >
>  > How can I subscribe to the message queue?
>
> Check out the available Google PubSub libraries:
>
>      https://cloud.google.com/pubsub/docs/reference/libraries
>
> I can create a subscription for you and a service account, then setup
> access,
> and send you the service account key, which you can use to receive the
> data as
> it comes in using the libraries, or just the gcloud or kcidb command-line
> tools for the start. A REST API is also available:
>
>      https://cloud.google.com/pubsub/docs/reference/rest
>
> If this works for you, I'll set it up and send you the key.

Ok, I will read the documentation first and let you know if I need further
permissions.

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Aya Saif El-yazal Mahfouz

Nick

> [...]
> >     multiple other CI
> >      >     systems?
> >      >
> >      >     Which criteria do you want the notifications to be filtered
> by?
> >     Particular
> >      >     tree, repo, architecture, and so on?
> >      >
> >      >     Nick
> >      >
> >      >     On 10/14/21 9:28 PM, Aya Mahfouz wrote:
> >      >      > Hello,
> >      >      >
> >      >      >     I would like to sign up for receiving notifications of
> >     incoming build
> >      >      > results. In addition, I would like to ask if there is an
> API for the
> >      >     public to
> >      >      > fetch the build results in json format.

* Re: Notifications signup
@ 2021-10-18  9:25             ` Nikolai Kondrashov
       [not found]             ` <16AF15C1A99967B5.13161@groups.io>
From: Nikolai Kondrashov @ 2021-10-18  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aya Mahfouz, Nikolai Kondrashov; +Cc: kernelci

Hi Aya,

On 10/16/21 10:40 PM, Aya Mahfouz wrote:
 > On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 10:55 AM Nikolai Kondrashov
 > <Nikolai.Kondrashov@redhat.com <mailto:Nikolai.Kondrashov@redhat.com>> wrote:
 >     Yes, unfortunately, you need to be authenticated to Google, but any account
 >     should be able to access the database. If not, I will need to fix it.
 >     What didn't work for you?
 >
 > Thanks Nick. Now that you have told me, I revised the list of public projects
 > available and
 > found that you have the project listed as tutorial. So, it is working fine.

Not sure what you mean by "listed as tutorial", and where, but here's a
BigQuery console query showing the current database schema:

https://console.cloud.google.com/bigquery?sq=415818378487:e8503e2aadfa4beeae8da378ceecdfe9

And here's an example query on the console as well:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ZrU0z1LvQYYoLOb9vmXUH7aZ9jSFviaenZRcYtEWqVg/edit#slide=id.gbcaa06c4d2_0_107

Those two should get you started exploring the database.

 >     If this works for you, I'll set it up and send you the key.
 >
 > Ok, I will read the documentation first and let you know if I need further
 > permissions.

Great!

Don't hesitate to ping me, if you have any questions or problems.

You can also find me as "spbnick" on #kernelci channel on libera.chat.

Nick

* Re: Notifications signup
       [not found]             ` <16AF15C1A99967B5.13161@groups.io>
@ 2021-10-18  9:27               ` Nikolai Kondrashov
From: Nikolai Kondrashov @ 2021-10-18  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci, Aya Mahfouz, Nikolai Kondrashov

On 10/18/21 12:25 PM, Nikolai Kondrashov via groups.io wrote:
> And here's an example query on the console as well:
>
> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ZrU0z1LvQYYoLOb9vmXUH7aZ9jSFviaenZRcYtEWqVg/edit#slide=id.gbcaa06c4d2_0_107

Ah, should've used the direct link instead:

https://console.cloud.google.com/bigquery?sq=415818378487:d9e3fb7e270949f397ff4bcce9514a6a

Just click "Run" on this and the other one, and it will execute.

Nick