* syscon regmap for disabled node?
@ 2018-02-17  1:40 ` Suman Anna
From: Suman Anna @ 2018-02-17  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lee Jones, Pankaj Dubey, Arnd Bergmann; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-arm-kernel

Hi Pankaj, Arnd, Lee,

I am testing some code to use a syscon/regmap interface and I find that
the syscon/regmap is initialized even on a disabled device node using a
"syscon" compatible property when I have expected it to fail. Prior to
commit bdb0066df96e ("mfd: syscon: Decouple syscon interface from
platform devices"), the driver would have never probed, and the
of_syscon_register() only checks for the compatible, but not if the
device node is available. Is this intentional or a bug?

regards
Suman