* [LTP] Open Question about KVM test-cases.
@ 2022-02-10 11:33 Kautuk Consul
From: Kautuk Consul @ 2022-02-10 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

I just wanted to ask if there are any test-cases to test out the KVM
hardware
virtualization infrastructure in the Linux kernel ?

If yes, then where can I access these test-cases from ?

Thanks.

* Re: [LTP] Open Question about KVM test-cases.
@ 2022-02-10 12:54 ` Cyril Hrubis
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2022-02-10 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kautuk Consul; +Cc: ltp

Hi!
Currently there are no tests for KVM in LTP, however Martin Doucha is
working on some CVE reproducers and send a RFC while ago (added to CC).

There seems to be some KVM tests in linux selftest, but I haven't try
any of these so I have no idea how/if they work.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz

* Re: [LTP] Open Question about KVM test-cases.
@ 2022-02-10 13:00   ` Martin Doucha
From: Martin Doucha @ 2022-02-10 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cyril Hrubis, Kautuk Consul; +Cc: ltp

On 10. 02. 22 13:54, Cyril Hrubis wrote:
> Hi!
> Currently there are no tests for KVM in LTP, however Martin Doucha is
> working on some CVE reproducers and send a RFC while ago (added to CC).

You can find the RFC patch below. I've rewritten a large chunk of the
code in the mean time and the example CVE reproducer doesn't actually
work (the setup is incomplete so it passes even when it shouldn't) but
I'm getting close to something that actually works. You can expect the
first finished version before the end of the month.

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/ltp/patch/20220106165435.16556-1-mdoucha@suse.cz/

--
Martin Doucha   mdoucha@suse.cz
QA Engineer for Software Maintenance

* Re: [LTP] Open Question about KVM test-cases.
@ 2022-02-10 13:30     ` Kautuk Consul
From: Kautuk Consul @ 2022-02-10 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Doucha; +Cc: ltp