* Dependency on non-existing config I2C_DMI_CORE in commit a2f416bf062a ("HID: multitouch: Add quirks for flipped axes")
@ 2023-01-30  8:43 Lukas Bulwahn
From: Lukas Bulwahn @ 2023-01-30  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Allen Ballway, linux-input
  Cc: Jiri Kosina, Jiri Kosina, Benjamin Tissoires, Henrik Rydberg,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List

Dear Allen,

with commit a2f416bf062a ("HID: multitouch: Add quirks for flipped
axes"), you add code that is dependent on the CONFIG_I2C_DMI_CORE.
However, this config symbol has not been defined anywhere in the
kernel repository. Is this a mistake in your code and you intended to
refer to another config symbol? Is there another patch to come that
adds this config symbol? Or is this a config symbol that only exists
in some out-of-tree repository?

Something might be odd here, because this code is effectively dead now
with being dependent on a non-existing config symbol.

Best regards,

Lukas

* Re: Dependency on non-existing config I2C_DMI_CORE in commit a2f416bf062a ("HID: multitouch: Add quirks for flipped axes")
@ 2023-01-31 14:43 ` Allen Ballway
From: Allen Ballway @ 2023-01-31 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lukas Bulwahn
  Cc: linux-input, Jiri Kosina, Jiri Kosina, Benjamin Tissoires,
	Henrik Rydberg, Linux Kernel Mailing List

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for catching this, that's definitely a mistake in my code.
That was supposed to be CONFIG_I2C_HID_CORE.

Should I send a follow-up patch for this, or another revision for the patch?
It looks like it hasn't been pulled into the mainline branch yet and I'm not
familiar with updating it while in a maintainer branch.

Thanks,
Allen

@ 2023-02-01 10:42   ` Benjamin Tissoires
From: Benjamin Tissoires @ 2023-02-01 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Allen Ballway
  Cc: Lukas Bulwahn, linux-input, Jiri Kosina, Jiri Kosina,
	Henrik Rydberg, Linux Kernel Mailing List

Hi Allen,

On Tue, Jan 31, 2023 at 3:44 PM Allen Ballway <ballway@chromium.org> wrote:

> Hi Lukas,
>
> Thanks for catching this, that's definitely a mistake in my code.
> That was supposed to be CONFIG_I2C_HID_CORE.
>
> Should I send a follow-up patch for this, or another revision for the patch?
> It looks like it hasn't been pulled into the mainline branch yet and I'm not
> familiar with updating it while in a maintainer branch.

I saw that you sent a followup on the initial series, but can you
instead send a fix on top of
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/hid/hid.git/log/?h=for-6.3/multitouch
(hid.git tree, branch for-6.3/multitouch)?

Cheers,
Benjamin