* [BUG] rk3399 rockpro64 fails to power off
@ 2019-11-25 16:34 Peter Geis
       [not found] ` <CAMdYzYpi-wAsUu92gJUF3CMm7dDd8yFCAV-yDpuy=d7ZBGoZnA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Peter Geis @ 2019-11-25 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: heiko.stuebner-SN7IsUiht6C/RdPyistoZJqQE7yCjDx5
  Cc: open list:ARM/Rockchip SoC...

Good Morning,

Another issue I've come across with the rockpro64.
When issuing a shutdown command, the board will halt, but never powers off.

While the rk808 is assigned as the rockchip,system-power-controller in
the devicetree, it is not binding to the pm-poweroff command.
This is due to the psci driver already binding to the pm-poweroff command.

I have only managed to test this with the rockchip miniloader, both on
rockchip-u-boot and mainline-u-boot, the behavior is the same.
I'm not sure if this is a bootloader issue, atf issue, or psci driver
misbehavior.
As atf should be handling the psci command, it should be powering off
the board, but I am unsure if it has the capability of doing so.
If it does not, then the rk808 driver should be assigned to
pm-poweroff, but it does not because psci already claimed it.

* Re: [BUG] rk3399 rockpro64 fails to power off
       [not found] ` <CAMdYzYpi-wAsUu92gJUF3CMm7dDd8yFCAV-yDpuy=d7ZBGoZnA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-11-26  0:06   ` Peter Geis
From: Peter Geis @ 2019-11-26  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: heiko.stuebner-SN7IsUiht6C/RdPyistoZJqQE7yCjDx5
  Cc: open list:ARM/Rockchip SoC...

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 11:34 AM Peter Geis <pgwipeout-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Good Morning,
>
> Another issue I've come across with the rockpro64.
> When issuing a shutdown command, the board will halt, but never powers off.
>
> While the rk808 is assigned as the rockchip,system-power-controller in
> the devicetree, it is not binding to the pm-poweroff command.
> This is due to the psci driver already binding to the pm-poweroff command.
>
> I have only managed to test this with the rockchip miniloader, both on
> rockchip-u-boot and mainline-u-boot, the behavior is the same.
> I'm not sure if this is a bootloader issue, atf issue, or psci driver
> misbehavior.
> As atf should be handling the psci command, it should be powering off
> the board, but I am unsure if it has the capability of doing so.
> If it does not, then the rk808 driver should be assigned to
> pm-poweroff, but it does not because psci already claimed it.

Confirmed the issue also occurs with tpl/spl mainline u-boot.
I'm running the latest atf from the atf github repository.