* IMAGE_FEATURES questions (was [meta-oe][RFC 00/27] systemd / initmanager rework)
@ 2012-02-08 10:40 Andreas Müller
From: Andreas Müller @ 2012-02-08 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 14:35, Andreas Müller
> <schnitzeltony@googlemail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Andreas Müller
>> <schnitzeltony@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> >  What I have already
>> >  detected after a build from scatch is that /var/lib/opkg is missing in
>> the
>> >  image (although it can be found in libopkg.ipk).
>> Hmm Last night I had a build from scratch without these patches and
>> have the same - this seems a different issue...
>

> You need to add package-management onto IMAGE_FEATURES or it will be
> dropped if all postinst has runned fine in rootfs generation.

I added into my image

IMAGE_FEATURES += "package-management"

and after rebuild find the missing directories in my image. Looking
around in my environment gives:

* angstrom sets
meta-angstrom/conf/distro/include/angstrom-core-tweaks.inc:EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES
??= "package-management"
* in my local.conf I have (taken from OE-core local.conf.sample - long
time ago) EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks"
* EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES is added to IMAGE_FEATURES in bitbake.conf.

If I understand this right, the angstrom default is kicked out by my
local.conf. Since I use this configuration for a while now: What has
changed causing the directories missing?

Andreas

* Re: IMAGE_FEATURES questions (was [meta-oe][RFC 00/27] systemd / initmanager rework)
@ 2012-02-08 10:51 ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2012-02-08 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 08:40, Andreas Müller
<schnitzeltony@googlemail.com>wrote:

> If I understand this right, the angstrom default is kicked out by my
> local.conf. Since I use this configuration for a while now: What has
> changed causing the directories missing?

We are slowly fixing postinst scripts to work off-line and thus the code
that removes it in case all where runned fine is now run. Just that.

E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br
Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br