* [meta-openembeded] bug in adding network layer
@ 2018-03-21  7:29 Rajath C S
From: Rajath C S @ 2018-03-21  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

I am tryiing to add meta-networking layer (to get Internet connection to
poky)and i have included the following line of code in bbconfig file
/home/jarvis/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-networking \

but while building i get this below error

ERROR: ExpansionError during parsing
/home/jarvis/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-support/libtdb/
libtdb_1.3.15.bb
Traceback (most recent call last):
bb.data_smart.ExpansionError: Failure expanding variable do_compile,
expression was     python ./buildtools/bin/waf
${@oe.utils.parallel_make_argument(d, '-j%d', limit=64)}
 which triggered exception AttributeError: module 'oe.utils' has no
attribute 'parallel_make_argument'

DO help,

is there any other way to establish Internet connection inside poky?

Thanks

* Re: [meta-openembeded] bug in adding network layer
@ 2018-03-21 10:10 ` Burton, Ross
       [not found]   ` <CAPGMVzEqtt8C0DCR28fMik6c+9jGtM3=uKRbxrMDEv=8CexdiQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-03-21 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rajath C S; +Cc: OE-core

First, you don't need meta-networking to make networking "work", because
oe-core has the basics.

Second, you need to match the release of layers.  You're using
meta-networking master, and a previous release of poky.  Checkout the
corresponding release branch of meta-networking.

Ross

@ 2018-03-21 10:25     ` Rajath C S
From: Rajath C S @ 2018-03-21 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: openembedded-core

thanks,

i will follow the said things,

but as of now my situation is as such : "
sure, i will have one other question that is how to establish internet
connection on to poky?
that is , i have placed the meta-networking layer in bblayer.conf file so
after that which recipe should i add to local.conf so that wireless
connection is established on the poky?

Do help with the steps

Thanks"
I will try and implement networking from oe-core

Rajath C S,
9964182112,
Bangalore - 560060

@ 2018-03-21 10:27       ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-03-21 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rajath C S; +Cc: OE-core

ifupdown and wireless-tools will give you the basics to configure it by
hand, or use connman.  Or network-manager, in meta-oe.

core-image-sato includes both connman and a UI to join to wifi.

Ross

@ 2018-03-21 10:35         ` Rajath C S
From: Rajath C S @ 2018-03-21 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: openembedded-core

so the  connman / ifupdown and wireless-tools have to be placed in the
local.conf file right?

Rajath C S,
9964182112,
Bangalore - 560060

@ 2018-03-21 10:41           ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-03-21 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rajath C S; +Cc: OE-core

Ideally in an image of your own creation, as local.conf tweaking is for
experimentation only.

There's a section in the manual about customising images, and I recommend
that you start from an image with functionality instead of starting from a
minimal image and trying to discover how to do basics such as make
networking functional.

Ross

@ 2018-03-21 10:42             ` Rajath C S
From: Rajath C S @ 2018-03-21 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: openembedded-core

sure, i will look into that, thanks.
and , i am actually using core-image-sato

regards,
Rajath C S

Rajath C S,
9964182112,
Bangalore - 560060

@ 2018-03-21 10:44               ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-03-21 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rajath C S; +Cc: OE-core

Then you have a nice button in the top right to setup wifi already.

Ross

@ 2018-03-21 10:53                 ` Rajath C S
From: Rajath C S @ 2018-03-21 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: openembedded-core

yes, when clicked on it. it says Ethernet connection

so, inside oe-core there is a folder and file called :
glib-networking_2.54.1.bb; so now acording to your second msg to enable
wifi should i include this file in MAGE_INSTALL_append command of
local.conf?

Rajath C S,
9964182112,
Bangalore - 560060

@ 2018-03-21 11:32                   ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-03-21 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rajath C S; +Cc: OE-core

I never mentioned glib-networking and it wont help at all.

If connman can't see your wifi then your kernel is missing the drivers  you
need.

Ross

@ 2018-03-21 11:36                     ` Rajath C S
From: Rajath C S @ 2018-03-21 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: openembedded-core

By kernel are you referring to the yocto's kernel or my host machine kernel?

if it is host machine kernel then i have the drivers
and , what should i do with connman?

thanks

Rajath C S,
9964182112,
Bangalore - 560060

@ 2018-03-21 11:40                       ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-03-21 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rajath C S; +Cc: OE-core

The Yocto kernel, as that is the kernel which is running.

@ 2018-03-21 14:32                         ` Rajath C S
From: Rajath C S @ 2018-03-21 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: OE-core