* LSI Logic 40919o fibre channel: scsi works ip not
@ 2007-02-15 22:06 Mario Giammarco
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Mario Giammarco @ 2007-02-15 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-scsi

Hello,

I have two lsi logic 40919o 2gbit connected to a 2gbit switch.

They see hard disks but when I try to use them as ip card I obtain a partial
failure: packets sometimes arrives sometimes no and on dmesg I see:

mptlan: ioc0/fc0: WARNING - IOC out of buckets! (priv->buckets_out =
126)
mptlan Mismatch between driver's buckets_out count and fw's
BucketsRemaining count has crossed the threshold, issuing a LanReset
to clear the fw's hashtable. You may want to check your
/var/log/messages for "CRC error" event notifications.
mptlan: ioc0/fc0: WARNING - IOC out of buckets! (priv->buckets_out =
125)
mptlan Mismatch between driver's buckets_out count and fw's
BucketsRemaining count has crossed the threshold, issuing a LanReset
to clear the fw's hashtable. You may want to check your
/var/log/messages for "CRC error" event notifications.
mptlan: ioc0/fc0: IOC says 1 buckets left. (priv->buckets_out = 126)
mptlan Mismatch between driver's buckets_out count and fw's
BucketsRemaining count has crossed the threshold, issuing a LanReset
to clear the fw's hashtable. You may want to check your
/var/log/messages for "CRC error" event notifications.
mptlan: ioc0/fc0: WARNING - IOC out of buckets! (priv->buckets_out =
126)

Boards are upgraded to latest bios I have tried several kernels.

Please tell me if you need other details.

Thanks in advance for any help.

* RE: LSI Logic 40919o fibre channel: scsi works ip not
@ 2007-02-20 18:01 ` Moore, Eric
From: Moore, Eric @ 2007-02-20 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Aloni, Mario Giammarco; +Cc: linux-scsi, Linux Kernel List

On Saturday, February 17, 2007 9:04 AM,  Mario Giammarco wrote:

> Now regarding the whole thing surrounding mptlan, I don't think
> that LSI officially supports that feature any more or willing to fix
> any bugs for it in their firmware or driver. Is that right?
>
> If so, we might as well remove that driver from the kernel.

No, don't be thinking about removing that driver. LSI Logic still
supports this driver.  I had forwarded Mario's original email to Stephen
Shirron last week. He should of been contacted by now, if not, please
let me know.

Eric Moore
LSI Logic