* [U-Boot-Users] PATCH : Fixes and enhancements for NAND flash.
@ 2003-07-24 23:57 Woodruff, Richard
From: Woodruff, Richard @ 2003-07-24 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello,

The following path fixes a few bugs in cmd_nand.c :
  - Fixed null dereference which could result in incorrect ECC values.
  - Added support for devices with no Ready/Busy signal connected.
  - Added OMAP1510 read/write protect handling.
  - Fixed nand.h's ECCPOS. A conflict existed with POS5 and badblock for
non-JFFS2.
  - Switched default ECC to be JFFS2.
  - Added spinning wheel.
--------------------
Prior to this only ECC for JFFS2 would have worked, and that only if you had
memory at zero which you didn't mind being corrupted. The other method would
result in a corrupted bad block byte in the oob data.

Regards,

Richard W.

* [U-Boot-Users] PATCH : Fixes and enhancements for NAND flash.
@ 2003-07-26 21:35 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2003-07-26 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Richard,

in message <FD2AC9A020DDD51194710008C7089B200BEE2218@dlee17.itg.ti.com> you wrote:

> The following path fixes a few bugs in cmd_nand.c :
>   - Fixed null dereference which could result in incorrect ECC values.
>   - Added support for devices with no Ready/Busy signal connected.
>   - Added OMAP1510 read/write protect handling.
>   - Fixed nand.h's ECCPOS. A conflict existed with POS5 and badblock for
> non-JFFS2.
>   - Switched default ECC to be JFFS2.

Added so far.

Will push to CVS soon.

>   - Added spinning wheel.

Skipped / rejected.

May I please ask you to adhere to the guidlines for coding style?

Please do not add trailing white space, especially  not  to  existing
code.
Please stick with 8 char indentation.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The man on tops walks a lonely street;  the  "chain"  of  command  is
often a noose.

* [U-Boot-Users] PATCH : Fixes and enhancements for NAND flash.
@ 2003-07-27 18:25     ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2003-07-27 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

In message <20030727175341.GI28983@pengutronix.de> you wrote:

> > My $ 0.02: forget about it. It's not worth any effort.
>
> Shouldn't unix design philosophy be "if there is a user who needs it
> don't forbid it per design but make it configurable per policy"...?

Sure. You understand the meaning of "my $ 0.02" ?

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
While most peoples' opinions change, the conviction of their correct-
ness never does.

* [U-Boot-Users] PATCH : Fixes and enhancements for NAND flash.
@ 2003-07-27 17:53   ` Robert Schwebel
From: Robert Schwebel @ 2003-07-27 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 07:37:28PM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <FD2AC9A020DDD51194710008C7089B200BEE2226@dlee17.itg.ti.com> you wrote:
> > Yes placement could be improved.  However, it is done on a per block basis,
> > not byte, so the overhead isn't that noticeable.  Spinning a wheel every 16k
> > should not be that bad. (Its currently spinning at the page size instead of
> > the block, but that could be easily changed).
>
> My $ 0.02: forget about it. It's not worth any effort.

Shouldn't unix design philosophy be "if there is a user who needs it
don't forbid it per design but make it configurable per policy"...?

Robert
     Hornemannstra?e 12,  31137 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4

* [U-Boot-Users] PATCH : Fixes and enhancements for NAND flash.
@ 2003-07-27 17:37 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2003-07-27 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If I had to live my life again,  I'd  make  the  same  mistakes, only
sooner.                                          -- Tallulah Bankhead

* [U-Boot-Users] PATCH : Fixes and enhancements for NAND flash.
@ 2003-07-27 16:30 Woodruff, Richard

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If something is different, it's either better or worse,  and  usually
both.                                                    - Larry Wall

* [U-Boot-Users] PATCH : Fixes and enhancements for NAND flash.
@ 2003-07-27 13:38 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2003-07-27 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de