* #yocto debbuging option under zeus
@ 2021-08-10 17:48 Monsees, Steven C (US)
From: Monsees, Steven C (US) @ 2021-08-10 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I ran across the following under the Yocto Project Profiling and Tracing Manual, and after checking my ipk data files/layout, I was wondering if someone could tell me, if ipk is capable of performing a similar set of operations to install my debug data ?, and if so, what would be the correct command sequence ?

" The debug packages once built can be found in build/tmp/deploy/rpm/* on the host system. Find the busybox-dbg-...rpm file and copy it to the target. For example:

[trz@empanada core2]$ scp /home/trz/yocto/crownbay-tracing-dbg/build/tmp/deploy/rpm/core2_32/busybox-dbg-1.20.2r2.core2_32.rpm root@192.168.1.31:
     root@192.168.1.31's password:
     busybox-dbg-1.20.2-r2.core2_32.rpm                     100% 1826KB   1.8MB/s   00:01

Now install the debug rpm on the target:
     root@crownbay:~# rpm -i busybox-dbg-1.20.2-r2.core2_32.rpm
"

Thanks,
Steve

* Re: #yocto debbuging option under zeus
@ 2021-08-11 10:53 ` Monsees, Steven C (US)
From: Monsees, Steven C (US) @ 2021-08-11 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Monsees, Steven C (US), yocto

Is it documented anywhere on how one might manually load debug info an for image with the binaries stripped ?

Thanks,
Steve
This email has been sent from an account outside of the BAE Systems network.
Please treat the email with caution, especially if you are requested to click on a link, decrypt/open an attachment, or enable macros.  For further information on how to spot phishing, access “Cybersecurity OneSpace Page” and report phishing by clicking the button “Report Phishing” on the Outlook toolbar.

[trz@empanada core2]$ scp /home/trz/yocto/crownbay-tracing-dbg/build/tmp/deploy/rpm/core2_32/busybox-dbg-1.20.2r2.core2_32.rpm root@192.168.1.31<mailto:root@192.168.1.31>:
     root@192.168.1.31's<mailto:root@192.168.1.31's> password:
     busybox-dbg-1.20.2-r2.core2_32.rpm                     100% 1826KB   1.8MB/s   00:01

Now install the debug rpm on the target:
     root@crownbay:~# rpm -i busybox-dbg-1.20.2-r2.core2_32.rpm
“

Thanks,
Steve

* Re: [yocto] #yocto debbuging option under zeus
@ 2021-08-12 17:20   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-08-12 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: steven.monsees, yocto

On 8/11/21 3:53 AM, Monsees, Steven C (US) via lists.yoctoproject.org wrote:
> Is it documented anywhere on how one might manually load debug info an
> for image with the binaries stripped ?

what you are looking for is perhaps achieved better by setting a
feedserver on your buildmachine and then let your target download/update
packages much like other distributions

in local.conf set

PACKAGE_FEED_URIS = "http://10.0.0.10:8000"

this would encode the feedserver address into you online package manager
config in image

then run

bitbake package-index

which would update the feed metadata index

Run a http-server on the feed directory on buildserver

a poor man's way is

cd build/tmp/deploy/ipk/
python -m http.server

then you can go to your target and do normal opkg operations

opkg update && opkg install busybox-dbg

another advantage of this approach is that it will automatically
download/install the dependecies.