* [Xenomai] Question about Xenomai
@ 2015-03-17  8:14 manrico.quadrelli
From: manrico.quadrelli @ 2015-03-17  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi,
I'm interested to implement the new kernel version available from Yocto
released for i.MX6Q (i.e. 3.10.17-1.0.2 or 3.10.53-1.1.0) with Xenomai
extension and RTnet driver.
I would like to know if there is a supported version of patches for
Xenomai for these releases of standard Yocto kernel.
Any advice on which kind of solution can I test?
Do you think that Xenomai 3 can solve this problem?
Do you have an estimated date for the relese of a stable version of Xenami
3?

Best regards
Manrico Quadrelli

Manrico Quadrelli
R&D Measuring Systems - Senior Hardware Designer
phone +39 051 899 771 | fax +39 051 899 802
manrico.quadrelli@marposs.com

MARPOSS S.p.A., with a sole shareholder
Via Saliceto, 13 - 40010 BENTIVOGLIO (BO) - ITALY

Share Capital euro 14,126,000 paid in full - Tax Code and Registration No. at
Business Register of Bologna 02759341205
Economic and Administrative Index No. 464925 - VAT IT 02759341205

The   information  contained  in  this e-mail  and  any  attachments is
confidential  and  may  also  be  privileged. If you have received the e-mail
and any attachments by mistake, please inform us  immediately, destroy them
without storing or copying them on any medium, and do not disclose or use the
contents for any purpose.
Although our systems implement reasonable precautions against viruses and other
threats, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from
managing the contents of this e-mail.

P  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
> I'm interested to implement the new kernel version available from Yocto
> released for i.MX6Q (i.e. 3.10.17-1.0.2 or 3.10.53-1.1.0) with Xenomai
> extension and RTnet driver.

Xenomai is likely to be the least of your problems on those
Freescale-originated kernels.

> I would like to know if there is a supported version of patches for
> Xenomai for these releases of standard Yocto kernel.

Our patches for 3.10.32 apply almost cleanly to 3.10.17-fsl, but may
require a few fixups on .53.

> Any advice on which kind of solution can I test?
> Do you think that Xenomai 3 can solve this problem?

This is not a Xenomai 2 vs 3 issue. 2.x will support a 3.10 kernel the
same way.

> Do you have an estimated date for the relese of a stable version of Xenami
> 3?

When we are happy with the level of testing, and feedback from people
who are currently helping in raising it.

--
Philippe.