* runme
@ 2004-01-06 14:17 Michal Margula
From: Michal Margula @ 2004-01-06 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel

[-- Attachment #1: Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=X-UNKNOWN, Size: 705 bytes --]

Hello!

	Yesterday I was fighting with patch-o-matic. It was complaining
about "bad substitution" at some line. After few minutes of googling, i
found out that runme is bash-based shell. So it requires bash to run. OK,
fine. But in header it has #!/bin/sh and it shouldn't. Some distribution
(PLD for example) use other shells like pdksh for /bin/sh.

Solution is simple - changing #!/bin/sh into #!/bin/bash and everything
should be fine. I don't know if I should to report it at
bugs.netfilter.org or maybe someone can commit a change to CVS?

Thanks.

--
Micha³ Margula, alchemyx@uznam.net.pl, http://alchemyx.uznam.net.pl/ +)
"W ¿yciu piêkne s± tylko chwile" [Ryszard Riedel]

* Re: runme
@ 2004-01-06 19:11 ` Harald Welte
From: Harald Welte @ 2004-01-06 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michal Margula; +Cc: netfilter-devel

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 03:17:22PM +0100, Michal Margula wrote:
> Hello!
>
> 	Yesterday I was fighting with patch-o-matic. It was complaining
> about "bad substitution" at some line. After few minutes of googling, i
> found out that runme is bash-based shell. So it requires bash to run. OK,
> fine. But in header it has #!/bin/sh and it shouldn't. Some distribution
> (PLD for example) use other shells like pdksh for /bin/sh.
>
> Solution is simple - changing #!/bin/sh into #!/bin/bash and everything
> should be fine. I don't know if I should to report it at
> bugs.netfilter.org or maybe someone can commit a change to CVS?

thanks, I'll fix it in CVS.  but normally bugzilla would be the right
way to do this.  thanks.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@netfilter.org>             http://www.netfilter.org/

* Re: runme
@ 2004-01-06 19:52   ` Maciej Soltysiak
From: Maciej Soltysiak @ 2004-01-06 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel

> > Solution is simple - changing #!/bin/sh into #!/bin/bash and everything
> > should be fine. I don't know if I should to report it at
> > bugs.netfilter.org or maybe someone can commit a change to CVS?
> thanks, I'll fix it in CVS.  but normally bugzilla would be the right
Harald, I remember that changing to /bin/sh was part of a wave of
removing bash'isms from the scripts. Not every linux box has bash,
and some people were complaining about it I think.

I do not know if it is relevant, but it might be.

Regards,
Maciej