* Distro name
@ 2020-06-25 10:52 Pankaj  Vinadrao Joshi
From: Pankaj  Vinadrao Joshi @ 2020-06-25 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

i have built image for raspberrypi4-64 using openembedded-core and i am trying to run some test specific to lkp but i am getting issue with the distro
which is nodistro.0 but the test needs distro for it

i am attaching the output of  os-realease
*ID=nodistro*
*NAME="OpenEmbedded"*
*VERSION="nodistro.0"*
*VERSION_ID=nodistro.0*
*PRETTY_NAME="OpenEmbedded nodistro.0"

* i am getting following error with respect to lkp

ERROR: "Not a supported system, cannot install packages."

detect_system distro=$_system_name_lowercase
DISTRO=$distro export DISTRO
[ -x $LKP_SRC/distro/installer/$distro ] || {     echo "Not a supported system, cannot install packages."     exit 1 }

can somebody help me how i can add distro for raspberrypi??

* Re: [OE-core] Distro name
@ 2020-06-25 11:52 Paul Barker
From: Paul Barker @ 2020-06-25 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pankaj Vinadrao Joshi; +Cc: openembedded-core

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 at 11:52, Pankaj Vinadrao Joshi
<pankaj.vj@exaleapsemi.com> wrote:

> [Edited Message Follows]
>
> Hi,
> i have built image for raspberrypi4-64 using openembedded-core and i am trying to run some test specific to lkp but i am getting issue with the distro
> which is nodistro.0 but the test needs distro for it
>
> i am attaching the output of  os-realease
> ID=nodistro
> NAME="OpenEmbedded"
> VERSION="nodistro.0"
> VERSION_ID=nodistro.0
> PRETTY_NAME="OpenEmbedded nodistro.0"
>
> i am getting following error with respect to lkp
>
> ERROR: "Not a supported system, cannot install packages."
>
> detect_system distro=$_system_name_lowercase
> DISTRO=$distro export DISTRO
> [ -x $LKP_SRC/distro/installer/$distro ] || {     echo "Not a supported system, cannot install packages."     exit 1 }
>

> can somebody help me how i can add distro for raspberrypi??

If you're unsure what a distro is in the context of Yocto Project /
OpenEmbedded then I recommend you find one of the many tutorials
online and work through it. Also, his question is not specific to
openembedded-core, please use a more appropriate list like
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/yocto for questions like this.

--
Paul Barker
Konsulko Group