* Make busybox's syslog.cfg depend on VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_base-utils-syslog #dunfell
@ 2021-05-17 10:13 Volker Vogelhuber
From: Volker Vogelhuber @ 2021-05-17 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I'm working with Yocto Dunfell. I just wanted to remove syslog
from the busybox package by setting VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_base-utils-syslog
to an empty string. But it seems like the syslog.cfg is added to the SRC_URI
independent of the VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_base-utils-syslog which in turn will
enable syslogd again. Wouldn't it be better to include syslog.cfg in
SRC_URI only if VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_base-utils-syslog is set to busybox-syslog?

So something like

${@["", "file://syslog.cfg" ][(d.getVar('VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_base-utils-syslog') == 'busybox-syslog')]}

* Re: [yocto] Make busybox's syslog.cfg depend on VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_base-utils-syslog #dunfell
@ 2021-05-17 22:42 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-05-17 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Volker Vogelhuber, yocto

On 5/17/21 3:13 AM, Volker Vogelhuber wrote:
> I'm working with Yocto Dunfell. I just wanted to remove syslog
> from the busybox package by setting VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_base-utils-syslog
> to an empty string. But it seems like the syslog.cfg is added to the
> SRC_URI
> independent of the VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_base-utils-syslog which in turn will
> enable syslogd again. Wouldn't it be better to include syslog.cfg in
> SRC_URI only if VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_base-utils-syslog is set to busybox-syslog?
>
> So something like
>
> ${@["",
> "file://syslog.cfg"][(d.getVar('VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_base-utils-syslog') ==
> 'busybox-syslog')]}

yes. Please send this change as a proper patch for inclusion to
openembedded-core mailing list.