* Redfish v1/Systems/system/EthernetInterfaces
@ 2021-02-12  2:51 Udupa.Ashwini ISV
From: Udupa.Ashwini ISV @ 2021-02-12  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

I am new to OpenBmc and Redfish.
I saw in bmcweb/Redfish.md, that below Redfish is targeted for OpenBmc:
/redfish/v1/Systems/system/EthernetInterfaces

But, in redfish-core/lib/systems.hpp, I don't see EthernetInterfaces and I don't see it on my server Redfish too.
Its only present in Managers/bmc/EthernetInterfaces.

How do I add Systems/system/EthernetInterfaces Redfish support? What changes do I need to make?

Regards,
Ashwini

* Redfish v1/Systems/system/EthernetInterfaces
@ 2021-02-13 18:08 ` Udupa.Ashwini ISV
From: Udupa.Ashwini ISV @ 2021-02-13 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

I am new to OpenBmc and Redfish.
I saw in bmcweb/Redfish.md, that below Redfish is targeted for OpenBmc:
/redfish/v1/Systems/system/EthernetInterfaces

But, in redfish-core/lib/systems.hpp, I don't see EthernetInterfaces and I don't see it on my server Redfish too.
Its only present in Managers/bmc/EthernetInterfaces.

How do I add Systems/system/EthernetInterfaces Redfish support? What changes do I need to make?

Regards,
Ashwini

* Re: Redfish v1/Systems/system/EthernetInterfaces
@ 2021-02-13 18:17   ` Ed Tanous
From: Ed Tanous @ 2021-02-13 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Udupa.Ashwini ISV; +Cc: openbmc

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 10:11 AM Udupa.Ashwini ISV <
udupa.ashwini@inventec.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am new to OpenBmc and Redfish.
> I saw in bmcweb/Redfish.md, that below Redfish is targeted for OpenBmc:
> /redfish/v1/Systems/system/EthernetInterfaces
>

> But, in redfish-core/lib/systems.hpp, I don’t see EthernetInterfaces and I
> don’t see it on my server Redfish too.

What upstream system are you trying this on?  If your platform isn’t
upstream, can you point at the code review where you’re adding it?

If you don’t have either, take note that it’s really difficult to help
debug or make suggestions for platforms that we can’t see the code for.

--
-Ed

* RE: Redfish v1/Systems/system/EthernetInterfaces
@ 2021-02-17 20:13     ` Udupa.Ashwini ISV
From: Udupa.Ashwini ISV @ 2021-02-17 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Tanous; +Cc: openbmc

Hi Ed,

Its Inventec platform.
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/tree/master/meta-inventec
I just wanted to know how to implement /redfish/v1/Systems/system/EthernetInterfaces.

Regards,
Ashwini

@ 2021-02-17 20:24       ` Ed Tanous
From: Ed Tanous @ 2021-02-17 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Udupa.Ashwini ISV; +Cc: openbmc

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 12:13 PM Udupa.Ashwini ISV
<udupa.ashwini@inventec.com> wrote:

> Hi Ed,
>

> Its Inventec platform.
>
> https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/tree/master/meta-inventec
>
> I just wanted to know how to implement /redfish/v1/Systems/system/EthernetInterfaces.

Excellent, that helps.  I originally misread, and thought the
interface was missing on the platform, not that you were trying to add
it to redfish.

> Regards,
>
> Ashwini

Please don't top post.

This doc is really old, and was originally written as an initial stab
at what interfaces we should write.  Unfortunately, when it got
converted into a "here's the interfaces we support today" doc, that
path didn't get scrubbed.  We don't have an implementation of it
today.  I can get a review open to update the doc.

> /redfish/v1/Systems/system/EthernetInterfaces
>

> But, in redfish-core/lib/systems.hpp, I don’t see EthernetInterfaces and I don’t see it on my server Redfish too.

Today, we don't have this implemented because we don't really have a
path to get that information from the host.  Doing that would require
either an in-band application running on the main processor to send
new ip addresses to the bmc, or an NCSI, MCTP, or PLDM connection
directly to the NIC that supported getting that level of information.
Both of which likely require a new daemon to expose those APIs to
debug.

We do have /redfish/v1/Systems/hypervisor/EthernetInterfaces today.
We'd ideally want to follow very closely to what that does, expose a
new path on DBus that implements the
xyz.openbmc_project.Network.EthernetInterface interface, and grab the
data from it.

@ 2021-02-17 20:51         ` Udupa.Ashwini ISV
From: Udupa.Ashwini ISV @ 2021-02-17 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Tanous; +Cc: openbmc

Thanks Ed.
So, only those implemented in "bmcweb/redfish-core/lib/"  are currently implemented in OpenBMC Redfish right?
I don’t see below implemented too:
Systems/system/BootOptions

But, are these implemented?
1. Systems/system/NetworkInterfaces
2. Systems/system/PCIeFunctions
If so, what changes are needed to make these working?

Regards,
Ashwini

> I just wanted to know how to implement /redfish/v1/Systems/system/EthernetInterfaces.

Excellent, that helps.  I originally misread, and thought the interface was missing on the platform, not that you were trying to add it to redfish.

> Regards,
>
> Ashwini

Please don't top post.

@ 2021-02-17 21:04           ` Ed Tanous
From: Ed Tanous @ 2021-02-17 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Udupa.Ashwini ISV; +Cc: openbmc

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 12:52 PM Udupa.Ashwini ISV
<udupa.ashwini@inventec.com> wrote:

> Thanks Ed.
> So, only those implemented in "bmcweb/redfish-core/lib/"  are currently implemented in OpenBMC Redfish right?
> I don’t see below implemented too:
> Systems/system/BootOptions
>
> But, are these implemented?
> 1. Systems/system/NetworkInterfaces
> 2. Systems/system/PCIeFunctions
> If so, what changes are needed to make these working?
>
> Regards,
> Ashwini

You're still top posting.  Please reply to the mail inline with these
questions, and I'll answer them.

@ 2021-02-17 21:22             ` Udupa.Ashwini ISV
From: Udupa.Ashwini ISV @ 2021-02-17 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Tanous; +Cc: openbmc

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 12:13 PM Udupa.Ashwini ISV <udupa.ashwini@inventec.com> wrote:

> > Hi Ed,
> >

> > Its Inventec platform.
> >
> > https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/tree/master/meta-inventec
> >
> > I just wanted to know how to implement /redfish/v1/Systems/system/EthernetInterfaces.
>
> Excellent, that helps.  I originally misread, and thought the interface was missing on the platform, not that you were trying to add it to redfish.
>

> > Regards,
> >
> > Ashwini
>
> Please don't top post.

Please confirm.

@ 2021-02-17 21:32               ` Ed Tanous
From: Ed Tanous @ 2021-02-17 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Udupa.Ashwini ISV; +Cc: openbmc

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 1:23 PM Udupa.Ashwini ISV
<udupa.ashwini@inventec.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 12:13 PM Udupa.Ashwini ISV <udupa.ashwini@inventec.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Ed,
> > >

> > > Its Inventec platform.
> > >
> > > https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/tree/master/meta-inventec
> > >
> > > I just wanted to know how to implement /redfish/v1/Systems/system/EthernetInterfaces.
> >
> > Excellent, that helps.  I originally misread, and thought the interface was missing on the platform, not that you were trying to add it to redfish.
> >

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Ashwini
> >
> > Please don't top post.

Correct.

> I don’t see below implemented too:
> Systems/system/BootOptions

I thought there were patches in review to add this, you might try
checking gerrit.

> Please confirm.
>
> But, are these implemented?
> 1. Systems/system/NetworkInterfaces
No.

> 2. Systems/system/PCIeFunctions
Yes, but the only thing that publishes data of that type that I know
of is peci-pcie.  If that doesn't work for you, you'll likely need to
implement the appropriate dbus interfaces for your system.

@ 2021-02-18  4:04                 ` Udupa.Ashwini ISV
From: Udupa.Ashwini ISV @ 2021-02-18  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Tanous; +Cc: openbmc

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 1:23 PM Udupa.Ashwini ISV <udupa.ashwini@inventec.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 12:13 PM Udupa.Ashwini ISV <udupa.ashwini@inventec.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Ed,
> > >

> > > Its Inventec platform.
> > >
> > > https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/tree/master/meta-inventec
> > >
> > > I just wanted to know how to implement /redfish/v1/Systems/system/EthernetInterfaces.
> >
> > Excellent, that helps.  I originally misread, and thought the interface was missing on the platform, not that you were trying to add it to redfish.
> >

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Ashwini
> >
> > Please don't top post.

Can you please open a review to update the doc? It really helps to know what is currently implemented in OpenBmc and what is not.