* Behringer UFX1604 and UFX1204 unneeded implicit feedback
@ 2021-09-29 19:26 Geraldo Nascimento
From: Geraldo Nascimento @ 2021-09-29 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel

Hello Takashi and everyone,

Behringer UFX1204 and UFX1604 have sync endpoints and we set up
implicit feedback sync on them. This is against the UAC spec.
We've already fixed a major source of noise by explictly setting up
the Clock Selector. Therefore in my humble opinion we should now
disable implicit feedback sync for those two devices.

What do you think?

Thank you,
Geraldo Nascimento

* Re: Behringer UFX1604 and UFX1204 unneeded implicit feedback
@ 2021-09-29 19:29 ` Bert Schiettecatte
From: Bert Schiettecatte @ 2021-09-29 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

implicit feedback is required for other platforms as well, for example mac osx

@ 2021-09-29 19:38   ` Geraldo Nascimento
From: Geraldo Nascimento @ 2021-09-29 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bert Schiettecatte; +Cc: alsa-devel

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 12:29:54PM -0700, Bert Schiettecatte wrote:
> implicit feedback is required for other platforms as well, for example mac osx

Pardon my ignorance, but how so? Isn't ALSA for Mac OSX just alsa-lib?

Please enlighten me.

@ 2021-09-30 11:47 ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2021-09-30 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Geraldo Nascimento; +Cc: alsa-devel

On Wed, 29 Sep 2021 21:26:58 +0200,
Geraldo Nascimento wrote:

> Hello Takashi and everyone,
>
> Behringer UFX1204 and UFX1604 have sync endpoints and we set up
> implicit feedback sync on them. This is against the UAC spec.
> We've already fixed a major source of noise by explictly setting up
> the Clock Selector. Therefore in my humble opinion we should now
> disable implicit feedback sync for those two devices.
>
> What do you think?

Yes, as long as it works, we should get rid of the unnecessary
implicit-fb quirks.  Care to submit a patch?

thanks,

Takashi