* [Xenomai] Similarities between UIO and RTDM
@ 2018-10-17  7:25 Per Oberg
From: Per Oberg @ 2018-10-17  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hello all

I am looking at a piece of hardware that is supported in linux using a userspace library together with the UIO kernel module. The UIO kernel module is available in the standard linux kernel.

Could someone make an educated guess whether it's feasible to port this userspace library to Xenomai and RDTM ?

How similar are the UIO and RTDM interfaces?

Regards
Per Öberg

* Re: [Xenomai] Similarities between UIO and RTDM
@ 2018-10-17  7:30 ` Philippe Gerum
From: Philippe Gerum @ 2018-10-17  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Per Oberg, xenomai

On 10/17/2018 09:25 AM, Per Oberg wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I am looking at a piece of hardware that is supported in linux using a userspace library together with the UIO kernel module. The UIO kernel module is available in the standard linux kernel.
>
> Could someone make an educated guess whether it's feasible to port this userspace library to Xenomai and RDTM ?
>
> How similar are the UIO and RTDM interfaces?

You may want to have a look at the UDD driver from the Xenomai
distribution, which is a RTDM-based version of UIO.

--
Philippe.