From: BALATON Zoltan <balaton@eik.bme.hu>
To: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
Cc: QEMU Developers <qemu-devel@nongnu.org>,
	Markus Armbruster <armbru@redhat.com>
Subject: Re: Commit 3e7fb5811b or something in that series breaks build?
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 00:42:48 +0100 (CET)	[thread overview]

On Sat, 18 Jan 2020, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 at 22:41, BALATON Zoltan <balaton@eik.bme.hu> wrote:
>> I'm getting errors about missing headers in qapi/* and build fails on
>> current master.
>>
>> I've tried bisecting it which lead to commit 3e7fb5811b where I get:
>>
>>    CC      qapi/qapi-types-audio.o
>> cc: error: qapi/qapi-types-audio.c: No such file or directory
>> cc: fatal error: no input files
>
> I haven't looked, but could you try the usual things to check:
> * does your tree have 'stale' files deleted by a commit
>   (ie listed in 'git status' as now unknown to git) ?
> * did you try a reconfigure and build from clean?
>   (ideally this should not be required, but it might help
>   narrow down the issue)
> * could you test whether you see the issue also with an
>   out-of-tree build?

Also fails after make distclean with out-of-tree build in the same way.
Seems that --disable-guest-agent option breaks earlier but even without
that option I get error later about some rtc chip and build does not
finish. I've tried with just

configure --target-list=ppc-softmmu --disable-guest-agent

and get the above error right after it built capstone.a and starts
building qapi/* (without --disable-guest-agent it almost gets to the end
but fails later). Sometimes I also see these errors:

In file included from qapi/qapi-types-crypto.c:15:0:
qapi/qapi-types-crypto.h:176:33: error: field ‘qcow’ has incomplete type
          QCryptoBlockOptionsQCow qcow;
                                  ^
qapi/qapi-types-crypto.h:177:33: error: field ‘luks’ has incomplete type
          QCryptoBlockOptionsLUKS luks;
                                  ^
qapi/qapi-types-crypto.h:193:33: error: field ‘qcow’ has incomplete type
          QCryptoBlockOptionsQCow qcow;
                                  ^
qapi/qapi-types-crypto.h:236:30: error: field ‘luks’ has incomplete type
          QCryptoBlockInfoLUKS luks;
                               ^

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan