* early days before git's invention
@ 2009-11-08 12:23 Zhi Li
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Zhi Li @ 2009-11-08 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hello list,

I have a question maybe not suitable to be put on this list. I'm just
curious on git and Linux history. As what was said on wiki, Linux
kernel was maintained by BitKeeper, then for some reason, BitKeeper
can not be used, so git was invented. My question is what was used
before BitKeeper, CVS? I don't think so. Then, just using file to
manage?

Zhi