* Changes to Rocksdb in tree
@ 2016-10-28  8:40 Willem Jan Withagen
From: Willem Jan Withagen @ 2016-10-28  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph Development

Hi,

Now that we have an In-tree rocksdb:
When I have changes to rocksdb how to I get them permanently into the
Ceph tree?

I submitted the changes upstream to rocksdb.

--WjW

* Re: Changes to Rocksdb in tree
@ 2016-10-28 10:46 ` Sage Weil
From: Sage Weil @ 2016-10-28 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Willem Jan Withagen; +Cc: Ceph Development

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now that we have an In-tree rocksdb:
> When I have changes to rocksdb how to I get them permanently into the
> Ceph tree?
>
> I submitted the changes upstream to rocksdb.

Once they are merged upstream in rocksdb we will push the commit to
github.com/ceph/rocksdb and update the submodule.  If you like, we can
cherry-pick the patch in our tree too for the time being (in which case
you can submit a PR to ceph/rocksdb too).

sage

* Re: Changes to Rocksdb in tree
@ 2016-10-28 13:38   ` Willem Jan Withagen
From: Willem Jan Withagen @ 2016-10-28 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sage Weil; +Cc: Ceph Development

On 28-10-2016 12:46, Sage Weil wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Oct 2016, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Now that we have an In-tree rocksdb:
>> When I have changes to rocksdb how to I get them permanently into the
>> Ceph tree?
>>
>> I submitted the changes upstream to rocksdb.
>
> Once they are merged upstream in rocksdb we will push the commit to
> github.com/ceph/rocksdb and update the submodule.  If you like, we can
> cherry-pick the patch in our tree too for the time being (in which case
> you can submit a PR to ceph/rocksdb too).

his is the PR with rocksdb:
https://github.com/facebook/rocksdb/pull/1428

and the commit:
https://github.com/facebook/rocksdb/pull/1428/commits/d1b183561f3238d9e42fff6402813f773c446f67

Or do you need it to be in my Ceph fork?

@ 2016-10-28 18:18     ` Willem Jan Withagen
From: Willem Jan Withagen @ 2016-10-28 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sage Weil; +Cc: Ceph Development

On 28-10-2016 15:38, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
> On 28-10-2016 12:46, Sage Weil wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Oct 2016, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Now that we have an In-tree rocksdb:
>>> When I have changes to rocksdb how to I get them permanently into the
>>> Ceph tree?
>>>
>>> I submitted the changes upstream to rocksdb.
>>
>> Once they are merged upstream in rocksdb we will push the commit to
>> github.com/ceph/rocksdb and update the submodule.  If you like, we can
>> cherry-pick the patch in our tree too for the time being (in which case
>> you can submit a PR to ceph/rocksdb too).
>
> his is the PR with rocksdb:
> https://github.com/facebook/rocksdb/pull/1428
>
> and the commit:
> https://github.com/facebook/rocksdb/pull/1428/commits/d1b183561f3238d9e42fff6402813f773c446f67
>
> Or do you need it to be in my Ceph fork?

Change is in Rocksdb repo.
https://github.com/facebook/rocksdb/commit/0aab5e55f0b1808671fa8c58a8c8093fbe32210f

--WjW