* MAINTAINERS: Wrong ordering in VIRTIO BALLOON
@ 2020-05-12  5:21 ` Lukas Bulwahn
From: Lukas Bulwahn @ 2020-05-12  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Hildenbrand
  Cc: Michael S. Tsirkin, Joe Perches, kernel-janitors, linux-kernel

Hi David,

with your commit 6d6b93b9afd8 ("MAINTAINERS: Add myself as virtio-balloon
co-maintainer"), visible on next-20200508, ./scripts/checkpatch.pl -f
MAINTAINERS complains:

WARNING: Misordered MAINTAINERS entry - list file patterns in alphabetic order
#17982: FILE: MAINTAINERS:17982:
+F:	include/uapi/linux/virtio_balloon.h
+F:	include/linux/balloon_compaction.h

This is due to wrong ordering of the entries in your submission. If you
would like me to send you a patch fixing that, please just let me know.

It is a recent addition to checkpatch.pl to report ordering problems in
MAINTAINERS, so you might have not seen that at submission time.

Best regards,

Lukas