* Google Summer of Code
@ 2008-02-25 19:15 Jacob Thebault-Spieker
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Jacob Thebault-Spieker @ 2008-02-25 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

I'm a first year Computer Science major interested in participating in
Google Summer of Code. What's the process for doing this in OE? Is there
a process? Who should I talk to about mentoring? Are there any projects
that I could do? I'm relatively familiar with OE, specifically Angstrom,
as I have a two Zaurii, a C3200 and an SL-5500.

I don't know of anything specific about OE that's not fully functional,
although, one project I was thinking about was a GUI video player, as a
frontend for mplayer. This would incorporate the accelerated video that
some of the Zaurii have, and would be full screen. Ideally, it'd be able
to recognize that the screen is flipped, and potentially still allow for
landscape mode(where the zaurus would be in vertical position, but the
video would play in landscape/widescreen mode).

This is just a preliminary idea, I don't know how feasible it actually
is. Thanks
--
Jacob Thebault-Spieker
Cell: (207) 717-5114

* Google Summer of Code
@ 2017-02-20  5:29 Matthew Sedam
From: Matthew Sedam @ 2017-02-20  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hello everyone!

My name is Matthew Sedam, and I am interested in Ceph as a Google Summer of
Code project for this summer 2017. I am particularly interested in the
proposed project: CEPH-MGR: SMARTER REWEIGHT-BY-UTILIZATION. Just
introducing myself. Hopefully, I will be posting a link to my GSOC
application and proposal here for feedback very soon.

Matthew Sedam

* Google Summer of Code
@ 2016-03-13 12:24 Shreedhar Manek
From: Shreedhar Manek @ 2016-03-13 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Dear Developers,
I am a student at IIIT Hyderabad, India. I am interested in
contributing to Ceph by helping add Python3 support.

I have looked at the code base of Ceph on Github and am up for the
challenge that would be making the python files Python3 compatible. I
have chosen this project to work because I am a huge python fan and
this one would require working with Python3 and helping working around
missing functionalities.

Do let me know how I should proceed. I have waited for a week but am
unable to get in touch with the project mentor Josh Durgin via the
email ID given on the Ceph GSoC ideas page.

Thanks,

Shreedhar Manek

[parent not found: <48CF5AC71E61DB46B70D0F388054EFFD12D0DC32@VAL-E-02.valcartier.drdc-rddc.gc.ca>]
* Google Summer of Code
@ 2013-04-09 15:21 Thibault, Daniel
From: Thibault, Daniel @ 2013-04-09 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lttng-dev; +Cc: Painchaud, Frederic, Couture, Mario

   The Google Summer of Code LTTng entry (http://bugs.lttng.org/projects/lttng/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2013) is a promising initiative.  May I propose another little project idea?

Babeltrace support for the debugfs (/sys/kernel/debug/tracing) trace format

Brief explanation:
Provide a Babeltrace plug-in to allow Babeltrace to read from traces created by the debugfs service (/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/trace).

Expected results: A Babeltrace plug-in, tests, examples and documentation.

Skill level: Easy - Medium

Prerequisite Knowledge: C, OO development

Mentors: ?

   Even if the debugfs tracing facility is destined for eventual withdrawal from the Linux kernel, it may be of interest to some to recover older traces generated in this way -if only in order to be able to process them in the same way as CTF text dumps.  Conversion to the babeltrace text format should be fairly straightforward; conversion to CTF would be trickier.

   Is this idea worthwhile or worthless?

Daniel U. Thibault
R & D pour la défense Canada - Valcartier (RDDC Valcartier) / Defence R&D Canada - Valcartier (DRDC Valcartier)
Cyber sécurité pour les missions essentielles (CME) / Mission Critical Cyber Security (MCCS)
Protection des systèmes et contremesures (PSC) / Systems Protection & Countermeasures (SPC)
2459 route de la Bravoure
Québec, QC  G3J 1X5
CANADA
Vox : (418) 844-4000 x4245
Fax : (418) 844-4538
NAC : 918V QSDJ <http://www.travelgis.com/map.asp?addr=918V%20QSDJ>
Gouvernement du Canada / Government of Canada
<http://www.valcartier.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/>

* Google Summer of Code
@ 2013-02-26 13:35 Ognjen Ikovic
From: Ognjen Ikovic @ 2013-02-26 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hi,

I was wondering if there will be some initiative/activities from the
Linux wireless community regarding participation in the Google Summer
of Code?
More particularly, will someone be registering projects related to DFS
support for ath9k based devices?

Regards,
Ognjen Ikovic

* Google Summer of Code
@ 2007-03-03 15:10 Benjamin Prosnitz
From: Benjamin Prosnitz @ 2007-03-03 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Will KVM be participating in Google's Summer of Code?

I am reasonably familiar with KVM's sourcecode and would love to help
out during the summer.

Thanks,
Benjamin Prosnitz