* Package libgcc-lic cannot be installed into the image because it has incompatible license(s): GPL-3.0
@ 2020-05-15  9:32 Matthias Schoepfer
From: Matthias Schoepfer @ 2020-05-15  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I am trying to migrate to dunfell. Out customer does not want GPLv3 or
anything like that on the firmware.

So - same as in zeus - we have a line:

INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE = "GPLv3 LGPLv3 GPLv3+ LGPLv3+ GPL-3.0 LGPL-3.0
AGPL-3.0"

during do_rootfs, the process fails with:

do_rootfs: Package libgcc-lic cannot be installed into the image because
it has incompatible license(s): GPL-3.0

The package basically consists of the license information for libgcc,
libgcc is allowed due to the linking exception.

Even, when I try to allow this package with something like this:

INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE_pn-libgcc-lic = ""
INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE_pn-libgcc = ""

which has worked in the past to have an in house debug image with the
gdbserver on it, it still fails.

Am I the first to experience this? Am I doing something wrong?

We do

COPY_LIC_MANIFEST = "1"
COPY_LIC_DIRS = "1"
LICENSE_CREATE_PACKAGE = "1"