* undefined label
@ 2019-03-07  9:17 Tobin C. Harding
From: Tobin C. Harding @ 2019-03-07  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Corbet; +Cc: linux-doc

Hi Jon,

I hit that undefined label warning again today.  Then just now I was
sitting enjoying a quite scotch and the reason came to me.  It is caused
by building part of the docs instead of the whole tree i.e. using

	make SPHINXDIRS=admin-guide htmldocs

Gives the warning

	WARNING: undefined label: numa (if the link has no caption the label must precede a section header)

This is a hell of a gotcha, I wasted a bunch of cycles baffled as to why
that label was not defined today :(  Super excited that I worked out why
while day dreaming though.

Last time I sent in the 'fix' I must built with SPHINXDIRS, patched then
built without SPHINXDIRS and thought the patch fixed it.

Anyways, hope you get a chuckle out of this.

All the best,
Tobin.