* python3-cryptography "success"
@ 2022-01-12  4:34 Tim Orling
From: Tim Orling @ 2022-01-12  4:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org

I finally cracked a nut that was at the root of our cross-compile woes with
pyo3, which was the root cause of python3-cryptography not building.

For those interested, my WIP branch is:
https://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded-contrib/log/?h=timo/python3-cryptography_36.0.1

If someone is interested, figuring out why python3-setuptools-rust-native
is not aware of where the crate:// fetcher puts things would be helpful.
For now the hack is:

CARGO_DISABLE_BITBAKE_VENDORING = "1"

This is purely a hack and should not be necessary.

Read the commit log for info.

This is not the final form of this effort.

--Tim

* Re: [oe] python3-cryptography "success"
@ 2022-01-12 13:04 ` Ross Burton
From: Ross Burton @ 2022-01-12 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Orling; +Cc: openembedded-devel

On Wed, 12 Jan 2022 at 04:34, Tim Orling <ticotimo@gmail.com> wrote:
> I finally cracked a nut that was at the root of our cross-compile woes with pyo3, which was the root cause of python3-cryptography not building.
>
> For those interested, my WIP branch is:
> https://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded-contrib/log/?h=timo/python3-cryptography_36.0.1

I've just built this on aarch64 host for aarch64 target, and it built
successfully. Congratulations! :)

Ross

* Re: [oe] python3-cryptography "success"
@ 2022-01-12 19:36   ` Trevor Gamblin
From: Trevor Gamblin @ 2022-01-12 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ross Burton, Tim Orling; +Cc: openembedded-devel

On 2022-01-12 08:04, Ross Burton wrote:
> [Please note: This e-mail is from an EXTERNAL e-mail address]
>
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2022 at 04:34, Tim Orling <ticotimo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I finally cracked a nut that was at the root of our cross-compile woes with pyo3, which was the root cause of python3-cryptography not building.
>>
>> For those interested, my WIP branch is:
>> https://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded-contrib/log/?h=timo/python3-cryptography_36.0.1
> I've just built this on aarch64 host for aarch64 target, and it built
> successfully. Congratulations! :)

Tested qemux86-64 and qemuarm64 as well. Great work!

- Trevor