* Audio miniconference schedule
@ 2018-10-02 19:58 Mark Brown
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Mark Brown @ 2018-10-02 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel; +Cc: Takashi Iwai

As previously announced there's an audio miniconference happening on the
21st in Edinburgh:

   https://blog.sirena.org.uk/2018/09/19/2018-linux-audio-miniconfernce

(yes there is a typo in the URL).  A number of people have proposed
topics so I just went through them and pulled them into a proposed
agenda:

  - Virtualization (Liam)
  - SoundWire (Liam)
  - Byte controls (Vinod)
  - GObject introspection for language bindings (Sakamoto-san)
  - Integrating the ALSA control core (Sakamoto-san)
  - AGL (Stephane/Ronan)
  - Y2038 (broonie)
  - AVB (Liam)
  - DSPs (Liam)
   - Sound Open Firmware

What do people think?  Any other topics?  There's still time to sign up
if you're interested in attending, you can sign up right up to the day
of the event.

It also seems good to mention that there's another audio event going on
around ELC:

   https://blogs.gnome.org/uraeus/2018/09/24/getting-the-team-together-to-revolutionize-linux-audio/

which is a hackathon for a new userspace stack called PipeWire - if we
have someone attending who knows about that I think it'd be good to talk
about it too.

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Audio miniconference schedule
@ 2018-10-05 10:20 ` Charles Keepax
From: Charles Keepax @ 2018-10-05 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, alsa-devel

On Tue, Oct 02, 2018 at 08:58:49PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> As previously announced there's an audio miniconference happening on the
> 21st in Edinburgh:
>
>    https://blog.sirena.org.uk/2018/09/19/2018-linux-audio-miniconfernce
>
> (yes there is a typo in the URL).  A number of people have proposed
> topics so I just went through them and pulled them into a proposed
> agenda:
>
>   - Virtualization (Liam)
>   - SoundWire (Liam)
>   - Byte controls (Vinod)
>   - GObject introspection for language bindings (Sakamoto-san)
>   - Integrating the ALSA control core (Sakamoto-san)
>   - AGL (Stephane/Ronan)
>   - Y2038 (broonie)
>   - AVB (Liam)
>   - DSPs (Liam)
>    - Sound Open Firmware

I would also like to add rate domains and propagation to the
list. I have actually managed to get some time to look at this
and am going to post some RFC patches early next week. Happy to
talk through my thinking at the conference.

> What do people think?  Any other topics?  There's still time to sign up
> if you're interested in attending, you can sign up right up to the day
> of the event.

Would be handy if people could sign up at least a couple of days
earlier, can probably still handle people coming on the day but
makes life simpler for us all if I can provide a list of people
in advance to facilaties here.

Thanks,
Charles

* Re: Audio miniconference schedule
@ 2018-10-05 11:44   ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2018-10-05 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Keepax; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, alsa-devel

On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 11:20:12AM +0100, Charles Keepax wrote:

> I would also like to add rate domains and propagation to the
> list. I have actually managed to get some time to look at this
> and am going to post some RFC patches early next week. Happy to
> talk through my thinking at the conference.

That'd be great, I'll add it!

> > What do people think?  Any other topics?  There's still time to sign up
> > if you're interested in attending, you can sign up right up to the day
> > of the event.

> Would be handy if people could sign up at least a couple of days
> earlier, can probably still handle people coming on the day but
> makes life simpler for us all if I can provide a list of people
> in advance to facilaties here.

Yes, and also for the dinner in the evening.

@ 2018-10-14  5:50     ` Patrick Lai
From: Patrick Lai @ 2018-10-14  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown, Charles Keepax; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, alsa-devel

On 10/05/2018 04:44 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 11:20:12AM +0100, Charles Keepax wrote:
>
>> I would also like to add rate domains and propagation to the
>> list. I have actually managed to get some time to look at this
>> and am going to post some RFC patches early next week. Happy to
>> talk through my thinking at the conference.
>
> That'd be great, I'll add it!
>
>>> What do people think?  Any other topics?  There's still time to sign up
>>> if you're interested in attending, you can sign up right up to the day
>>> of the event.
>
>> Would be handy if people could sign up at least a couple of days
>> earlier, can probably still handle people coming on the day but
>> makes life simpler for us all if I can provide a list of people
>> in advance to facilaties here.
>
> Yes, and also for the dinner in the evening.

I just put myself and otpics on the sign-up list though still working
out the travel plan. What time will the summit start on Oct 21? I plan
to arrive in Edinburgh around 8:00 AM

The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum,
  a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project

* Re: Audio miniconference schedule
@ 2018-10-15 10:24       ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2018-10-15 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Lai; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, alsa-devel, Charles Keepax

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 10:50:57PM -0700, Patrick Lai wrote:
> On 10/05/2018 04:44 AM, Mark Brown wrote:

> > Yes, and also for the dinner in the evening.

> I just put myself and otpics on the sign-up list though still working
> out the travel plan. What time will the summit start on Oct 21? I plan
> to arrive in Edinburgh around 8:00 AM

Excellent news!  We were expecting on kicking off around 9ish
(realistically it will be a bit later depending on people arriving and
getting sorted out) which would be cutting it a little fine for you to
hit the exact start even if you came directly to the Cirrus offices, I
think the best thing would be to pull topics like AVB which I expect to
be less relevant for you forwards in the schedule until you arrive.

I'll update the schedule this week (ideally later today) based on the
feedback collected thus far, if there's anything that's early on in the
schedule that you're particularly keen to discuss let me know.

@ 2018-10-16 20:48 ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2018-10-16 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel; +Cc: Takashi Iwai

As previously announced there's an audio miniconference happening on the
21st in Edinburgh, meeting around 9am and getting started once enough
people have arrived (Cirrus people, please let me know if we need to
start later, some people have said they'll be arriving late so we won't
wait for everyone):

   https://blog.sirena.org.uk/2018/09/19/2018-linux-audio-miniconfernce

(yes there is a typo in the URL).  A number of people have proposed
topics so I just went through them and pulled them into a proposed
agenda, this time revised following feedback last time:

  - Virtualization (Liam)
  - AVB (Liam)
  - SoundWire (Liam)
  - GObject introspection for language bindings (Sakamoto-san)
  - Integrating the ALSA control core (Sakamoto-san)
  - DSPs (Liam)
   - Sound Open Firmware (Liam)
   - Byte controls (Vinod/Patrick)
   - Calibration loading (Patrick)
   - Exposing graph at runtime (Patrick)
   - Batching commands (Patrick)
  - AGL (Stephane/Ronan)

I've dropped Y2038 from the expliit schedule, since Arnd Bergmann (who's
been driving a lot of the general Y2038 work) will be in Edinburgh and
may be free to join I'm suggesting that if he's free we cover that
either first thing or just after lunch and otherwise Takashi and I will
try to coordinate with him during ELC-E (unless others have a great
enthusiasm for the subject).

What do people think?  Any other topics?  There's still time to sign up
if you're interested in attending, you can sign up right up to the day
of the event though registering early would help a lot with logistics.

@ 2018-10-16 21:16   ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2018-10-16 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown; +Cc: alsa-devel

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 22:48:52 +0200,
Mark Brown wrote:

> As previously announced there's an audio miniconference happening on the
> 21st in Edinburgh, meeting around 9am and getting started once enough
> people have arrived (Cirrus people, please let me know if we need to
> start later, some people have said they'll be arriving late so we won't
> wait for everyone):
>
>    https://blog.sirena.org.uk/2018/09/19/2018-linux-audio-miniconfernce
>
> (yes there is a typo in the URL).  A number of people have proposed
> topics so I just went through them and pulled them into a proposed
> agenda, this time revised following feedback last time:
>
>   - Virtualization (Liam)
>   - AVB (Liam)
>   - SoundWire (Liam)
>   - GObject introspection for language bindings (Sakamoto-san)
>   - Integrating the ALSA control core (Sakamoto-san)
>   - DSPs (Liam)
>    - Sound Open Firmware (Liam)
>    - Byte controls (Vinod/Patrick)
>    - Calibration loading (Patrick)
>    - Exposing graph at runtime (Patrick)
>    - Batching commands (Patrick)
>   - AGL (Stephane/Ronan)
>
> I've dropped Y2038 from the expliit schedule, since Arnd Bergmann (who's
> been driving a lot of the general Y2038 work) will be in Edinburgh and
> may be free to join I'm suggesting that if he's free we cover that
> either first thing or just after lunch and otherwise Takashi and I will
> try to coordinate with him during ELC-E (unless others have a great
> enthusiasm for the subject).

I haven't registered ELCE this year but only the audio mini-conf and
maintainers summit, but maybe we can catch him on Monday.

> What do people think?  Any other topics?  There's still time to sign up
> if you're interested in attending, you can sign up right up to the day
> of the event though registering early would help a lot with logistics.

Sorry for the late action, here are some items that came to my mind:

- Possible PCM improvements:
  We still miss some information like the granularity.  Although we
  had some discussions in the past, it didn't happen in the end.
  It's a good chance to revive the ideas.

  Also, PCM timestamping is another relevant topic.  It's still rarely
  used, so far.  Can we make a broader usage?

- ASoC / ALSA core merges:
  Would it make sense to move some core stuff out of ASoC?
  e.g. DPCM isn't strictly ASoC-specific things.
  Also, it'd be great if we can foresee the plan for ASoC core
  refactoring that is currently going on.

- Testing:
  My pet peeve.  I'd love to see some stuff, especially for ASoC, that
  can run on VM, and let fuzzers whipping on it.
  Also, USB audio can be virtualized.  What else?  (not only about VM
  testing but also a real hardware testing.)

- Community governance, maintenance issues:
  It's a hot topic in kernel, yeah.  Do we see any issues in audio?

thanks,

Takashi

* Re: Audio miniconference schedule
@ 2018-10-17 19:12     ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2018-10-17 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel, arnd

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:16:17PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Mark Brown wrote:

> > I've dropped Y2038 from the expliit schedule, since Arnd Bergmann (who's
> > been driving a lot of the general Y2038 work) will be in Edinburgh and
> > may be free to join I'm suggesting that if he's free we cover that
> > either first thing or just after lunch and otherwise Takashi and I will
> > try to coordinate with him during ELC-E (unless others have a great
> > enthusiasm for the subject).

> I haven't registered ELCE this year but only the audio mini-conf and
> maintainers summit, but maybe we can catch him on Monday.

All three of us will be at the maintainers summit so I think we'll be
able to get some time to talk if we don't manage Sunday.  There were
some TBD slots at the maintainers summit, we could see if we can get
ALSA Y2038 ABI on the list there :)

> Sorry for the late action, here are some items that came to my mind:

All good topics, I'll add them in - Charles had some ideas for the ASoC
refactoring already which I managed to drop off the list (sorry Charles)
which is mostly the same thing at this point.

> - Testing:
>   My pet peeve.  I'd love to see some stuff, especially for ASoC, that
>   can run on VM, and let fuzzers whipping on it.
>   Also, USB audio can be virtualized.  What else?  (not only about VM
>   testing but also a real hardware testing.)

There's a whole testing summit on Thursday...  :/  I don't think there's
much argument with the ASoC stuff, but I also don't think there's anyone
with the right combination of time and enthusiasm to do the work at the
minute.

@ 2018-10-18  5:53       ` Keyon Jie
From: Keyon Jie @ 2018-10-18  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown, Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel, arnd

On 2018年10月18日 03:12, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:16:17PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>> Mark Brown wrote:
>
>>> I've dropped Y2038 from the expliit schedule, since Arnd Bergmann (who's
>>> been driving a lot of the general Y2038 work) will be in Edinburgh and
>>> may be free to join I'm suggesting that if he's free we cover that
>>> either first thing or just after lunch and otherwise Takashi and I will
>>> try to coordinate with him during ELC-E (unless others have a great
>>> enthusiasm for the subject).
>
>> I haven't registered ELCE this year but only the audio mini-conf and
>> maintainers summit, but maybe we can catch him on Monday.
>
> All three of us will be at the maintainers summit so I think we'll be
> able to get some time to talk if we don't manage Sunday.  There were
> some TBD slots at the maintainers summit, we could see if we can get
> ALSA Y2038 ABI on the list there :)
>
>> Sorry for the late action, here are some items that came to my mind:
>
> All good topics, I'll add them in - Charles had some ideas for the ASoC
> refactoring already which I managed to drop off the list (sorry Charles)
> which is mostly the same thing at this point.
>
>> - Testing:
>>    My pet peeve.  I'd love to see some stuff, especially for ASoC, that
>>    can run on VM, and let fuzzers whipping on it.
>>    Also, USB audio can be virtualized.  What else?  (not only about VM
>>    testing but also a real hardware testing.)
>
> There's a whole testing summit on Thursday...  :/  I don't think there's
> much argument with the ASoC stuff, but I also don't think there's anyone
> with the right combination of time and enthusiasm to do the work at the
> minute.

Hi Mark and all,

Is it possible to set up network meeting that any hobbies can dial in
and join in remotely?

Thanks,
~Keyon

* Re: Audio miniconference schedule
@ 2018-10-18 10:12     ` Takashi Sakamoto
From: Takashi Sakamoto @ 2018-10-18 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown, Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel

Hi all,

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 22:48:52 +0200,
> Mark Brown wrote:
>>
>> As previously announced there's an audio miniconference happening on the
>> 21st in Edinburgh, meeting around 9am and getting started once enough
>> people have arrived (Cirrus people, please let me know if we need to
>> start later, some people have said they'll be arriving late so we won't
>> wait for everyone):
>>
>>    https://blog.sirena.org.uk/2018/09/19/2018-linux-audio-miniconfernce
>>
>> (yes there is a typo in the URL).  A number of people have proposed
>> topics so I just went through them and pulled them into a proposed
>> agenda, this time revised following feedback last time:
>>
>>   - Virtualization (Liam)
>>   - AVB (Liam)
>>   - SoundWire (Liam)
>>   - GObject introspection for language bindings (Sakamoto-san)
>>   - Integrating the ALSA control core (Sakamoto-san)
>>   - DSPs (Liam)
>>    - Sound Open Firmware (Liam)
>>    - Byte controls (Vinod/Patrick)
>>    - Calibration loading (Patrick)
>>    - Exposing graph at runtime (Patrick)
>>    - Batching commands (Patrick)
>>   - AGL (Stephane/Ronan)

Below items are detail of topics from me:
  * Integrating the ALSA control core
   * Obsolete 'dimen' member in container for information to an element
   * Remove limitation on a container for value array to an element
   * User-defined element set left by finished process
   * Expand restriction to the number of user-defined control element set
     per sound card
  * Another approach to produce language bindings by GObject Introspection.

You can see the resource here (WIP):
https://github.com/takaswie/presentations/blob/topic/20181021/20181021/contents.md

Several hours later I leave to Edinburgh. See you later.

Thanks

Takashi Sakamoto

* Re: Audio miniconference schedule
@ 2018-10-18 17:44         ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2018-10-18 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keyon Jie; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, alsa-devel, arnd

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 01:53:08PM +0800, Keyon Jie wrote:

> Is it possible to set up network meeting that any hobbies can dial in and
> join in remotely?

I would assume so, I'm pretty sure it's standard technology in Cirrus,
though we'll have to see how well it works in practice (these things are
always a bit "fun").  We hadn't planned anything yet though.

I'd guess that probably the safest thing would be if one of the Intel
people has a laptop with whatever conferencing software you usually use
internally they can bring that in and call you, or at least message with
you about getting stuff set up if we set some other solution up.

@ 2018-10-19  3:06           ` Keyon Jie
From: Keyon Jie @ 2018-10-19  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

On 2018年10月19日 01:44, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 01:53:08PM +0800, Keyon Jie wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to set up network meeting that any hobbies can dial in and
>> join in remotely?
>
> I would assume so, I'm pretty sure it's standard technology in Cirrus,
> though we'll have to see how well it works in practice (these things are
> always a bit "fun").  We hadn't planned anything yet though.
>
> I'd guess that probably the safest thing would be if one of the Intel
> people has a laptop with whatever conferencing software you usually use
> internally they can bring that in and call you, or at least message with
> you about getting stuff set up if we set some other solution up.

Got it, thank you, Mark.

~Keyon

* Re: Audio miniconference schedule
@ 2018-10-19 14:35           ` Charles Keepax
From: Charles Keepax @ 2018-10-19 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, alsa-devel, Keyon Jie, arnd

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 06:44:14PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 01:53:08PM +0800, Keyon Jie wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to set up network meeting that any hobbies can dial in and
> > join in remotely?
>
> I would assume so, I'm pretty sure it's standard technology in Cirrus,
> though we'll have to see how well it works in practice (these things are
> always a bit "fun").  We hadn't planned anything yet though.
>
> I'd guess that probably the safest thing would be if one of the Intel
> people has a laptop with whatever conferencing software you usually use
> internally they can bring that in and call you, or at least message with
> you about getting stuff set up if we set some other solution up.

Yeah it will probably have to be Lync if we are setting it up
with Cirrus stuff, but should be do-able.

Thanks,
Charles

* Re: Audio miniconference schedule
@ 2018-10-19 16:14             ` Jaroslav Kysela
From: Jaroslav Kysela @ 2018-10-19 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Keepax, Mark Brown; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, alsa-devel, Keyon Jie, arnd

Dne 19.10.2018 v 16:35 Charles Keepax napsal(a):
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 06:44:14PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 01:53:08PM +0800, Keyon Jie wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to set up network meeting that any hobbies can dial in and
>>> join in remotely?
>>
>> I would assume so, I'm pretty sure it's standard technology in Cirrus,
>> though we'll have to see how well it works in practice (these things are
>> always a bit "fun").  We hadn't planned anything yet though.
>>
>> I'd guess that probably the safest thing would be if one of the Intel
>> people has a laptop with whatever conferencing software you usually use
>> internally they can bring that in and call you, or at least message with
>> you about getting stuff set up if we set some other solution up.
>
> Yeah it will probably have to be Lync if we are setting it up
> with Cirrus stuff, but should be do-able.

Hi all,

I would recommend to use a browser like services like
http://bluejeans.com/ or https://www.gotomeeting.com/ . Both seem to be
really usable and there is no requirement to install a special client
application to join.

Thanks,
	Jaroslav (who is not able to participate physically this year)

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>

* Re: Audio miniconference schedule
@ 2018-10-21  8:12               ` Jaroslav Kysela
From: Jaroslav Kysela @ 2018-10-21  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Keepax, Mark Brown; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, alsa-devel, Keyon Jie, arnd

Hi all,

  any news about the remote participation? Could I join?

					Thanks,
						Jaroslav

@ 2018-10-21  9:01                 ` Charles Keepax
From: Charles Keepax @ 2018-10-21  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaroslav Kysela; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, alsa-devel, Mark Brown, Keyon Jie, arnd

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 10:12:30AM +0200, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   any news about the remote participation? Could I join?

Apologies been a little while getting it setup I am afraid it
looks like Lync is what we are going with (sorry corporate
world):

https://skype.cirrus.com/meet/charles.keepax/BPHS9DNR

But you can also connect through the phone:

Join by phone

Austin US +15125906134 (Cirrus UK)         English (United States)
UK +441313440835 (Cirrus UK)               English (United Kingdom)
UK Alternative +441312027014 (Cirrus UK)   English (United Kingdom)
Finland +358942599740 (Cirrus UK)          English (United Kingdom)
France +33413680017 (Cirrus UK)            French (France)
Germany +4971125298209 (Cirrus UK)         German (Germany)
Ireland +35319014871 (Cirrus UK)           English (United Kingdom)
Sweden +46844685169 (Cirrus UK)            English (United Kingdom)
Switzerland +41435085220 (Cirrus UK)       English (United Kingdom)
Greece +302111980708 (Cirrus UK)           English (United Kingdom)
UK Internal 6699 (Cirrus UK)               English (United Kingdom)

Conference ID: 860250

Also it seems some people have been having trouble finding the
building if anyone is still on their way, it is Quartermile 4.
Email me on charles.keepax@cirrus.com if you have difficulties.

Thanks,
Charles

* Re: Audio miniconference schedule
@ 2018-10-21  9:46                 ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2018-10-21  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaroslav Kysela; +Cc: Keyon Jie, alsa-devel, Mark Brown, Charles Keepax, arnd

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 10:12:30 +0200,
Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>   any news about the remote participation? Could I join?

I'm seeing your name on the machine now.  Do you hear us?
We're in a coffee break, and waiting for your attend.

Takashi

@ 2018-10-24  7:16 ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2018-10-24  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown; +Cc: alsa-devel

On Tue, 02 Oct 2018 21:58:49 +0200,
Mark Brown wrote:

> As previously announced there's an audio miniconference happening on the
> 21st in Edinburgh:
>
>    https://blog.sirena.org.uk/2018/09/19/2018-linux-audio-miniconfernce
>
> (yes there is a typo in the URL).  A number of people have proposed
> topics so I just went through them and pulled them into a proposed
> agenda:
>
>   - Virtualization (Liam)
>   - SoundWire (Liam)
>   - Byte controls (Vinod)
>   - GObject introspection for language bindings (Sakamoto-san)
>   - Integrating the ALSA control core (Sakamoto-san)
>   - AGL (Stephane/Ronan)
>   - Y2038 (broonie)
>   - AVB (Liam)
>   - DSPs (Liam)
>    - Sound Open Firmware
>
> What do people think?  Any other topics?  There's still time to sign up
> if you're interested in attending, you can sign up right up to the day
> of the event.
>
> It also seems good to mention that there's another audio event going on
> around ELC:
>
>    https://blogs.gnome.org/uraeus/2018/09/24/getting-the-team-together-to-revolutionize-linux-audio/
>
> which is a hackathon for a new userspace stack called PipeWire - if we
> have someone attending who knows about that I think it'd be good to talk
> about it too.

Thanks Mark for the great organization, I enjoyed the meeting in this
year very much (as always), and thanks Cirrus for a really nice venue!

If anyone can share the notes, it'd be great.

Takashi

* Re: Audio miniconference schedule
@ 2018-10-24  7:30   ` Jaroslav Kysela
From: Jaroslav Kysela @ 2018-10-24  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai, Mark Brown; +Cc: alsa-devel

Dne 24.10.2018 v 09:16 Takashi Iwai napsal(a):
> On Tue, 02 Oct 2018 21:58:49 +0200,
> Mark Brown wrote:
>>
>> As previously announced there's an audio miniconference happening on the
>> 21st in Edinburgh:
>>
>>    https://blog.sirena.org.uk/2018/09/19/2018-linux-audio-miniconfernce
>>
>> (yes there is a typo in the URL).  A number of people have proposed
>> topics so I just went through them and pulled them into a proposed
>> agenda:
>>
>>   - Virtualization (Liam)
>>   - SoundWire (Liam)
>>   - Byte controls (Vinod)
>>   - GObject introspection for language bindings (Sakamoto-san)
>>   - Integrating the ALSA control core (Sakamoto-san)
>>   - AGL (Stephane/Ronan)
>>   - Y2038 (broonie)
>>   - AVB (Liam)
>>   - DSPs (Liam)
>>    - Sound Open Firmware
>>
>> What do people think?  Any other topics?  There's still time to sign up
>> if you're interested in attending, you can sign up right up to the day
>> of the event.
>>
>> It also seems good to mention that there's another audio event going on
>> around ELC:
>>
>>    https://blogs.gnome.org/uraeus/2018/09/24/getting-the-team-together-to-revolutionize-linux-audio/
>>
>> which is a hackathon for a new userspace stack called PipeWire - if we
>> have someone attending who knows about that I think it'd be good to talk
>> about it too.
>
> Thanks Mark for the great organization, I enjoyed the meeting in this
> year very much (as always), and thanks Cirrus for a really nice venue!

I would like to say big thanks too.

Although I was silent (mostly doing a heavy ping-pong between the family
and the remote meeting session), I monitored the topics. I will post
github/CI information separately.

> If anyone can share the notes, it'd be great.

Mark's notes are here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JtjpSGkMMCeDK43LTc0yLrOer1QL5JwxPQMmHFAL55o

If anyone has something more, please, add a link to this document.
Perhaps, I should create a copy to www.alsa-project.org.

				Thanks,
					Jaroslav

--

@ 2018-10-24  7:33     ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2018-10-24  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaroslav Kysela; +Cc: alsa-devel, Mark Brown

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 09:30:00 +0200,
Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> Dne 24.10.2018 v 09:16 Takashi Iwai napsal(a):
> > On Tue, 02 Oct 2018 21:58:49 +0200,
> > Mark Brown wrote:
> >>
> >> As previously announced there's an audio miniconference happening on the
> >> 21st in Edinburgh:
> >>
> >>    https://blog.sirena.org.uk/2018/09/19/2018-linux-audio-miniconfernce
> >>
> >> (yes there is a typo in the URL).  A number of people have proposed
> >> topics so I just went through them and pulled them into a proposed
> >> agenda:
> >>
> >>   - Virtualization (Liam)
> >>   - SoundWire (Liam)
> >>   - Byte controls (Vinod)
> >>   - GObject introspection for language bindings (Sakamoto-san)
> >>   - Integrating the ALSA control core (Sakamoto-san)
> >>   - AGL (Stephane/Ronan)
> >>   - Y2038 (broonie)
> >>   - AVB (Liam)
> >>   - DSPs (Liam)
> >>    - Sound Open Firmware
> >>
> >> What do people think?  Any other topics?  There's still time to sign up
> >> if you're interested in attending, you can sign up right up to the day
> >> of the event.
> >>
> >> It also seems good to mention that there's another audio event going on
> >> around ELC:
> >>
> >>    https://blogs.gnome.org/uraeus/2018/09/24/getting-the-team-together-to-revolutionize-linux-audio/
> >>
> >> which is a hackathon for a new userspace stack called PipeWire - if we
> >> have someone attending who knows about that I think it'd be good to talk
> >> about it too.
> >
> > Thanks Mark for the great organization, I enjoyed the meeting in this
> > year very much (as always), and thanks Cirrus for a really nice venue!
>
> I would like to say big thanks too.
>
> Although I was silent (mostly doing a heavy ping-pong between the family
> and the remote meeting session), I monitored the topics. I will post
> github/CI information separately.

Oh, that's a good surprise.  We wondered whether the line reached
you.

> > If anyone can share the notes, it'd be great.
>
> Mark's notes are here:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JtjpSGkMMCeDK43LTc0yLrOer1QL5JwxPQMmHFAL55o

Thanks, I forgot his later mail :)

> If anyone has something more, please, add a link to this document.
> Perhaps, I should create a copy to www.alsa-project.org.

It's a good idea.  We have a copy of the notes of 2017 meeting, too.

thanks,

Takashi

* Re: Audio miniconference schedule
@ 2018-10-24  8:11       ` Vinod
From: Vinod @ 2018-10-24  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel, Mark Brown

On 24-10-18, 09:33, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 09:30:00 +0200,
> Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> >
> > Dne 24.10.2018 v 09:16 Takashi Iwai napsal(a):

> > > Thanks Mark for the great organization, I enjoyed the meeting in this
> > > year very much (as always), and thanks Cirrus for a really nice venue!
> >
> > I would like to say big thanks too.
> >
> > Although I was silent (mostly doing a heavy ping-pong between the family
> > and the remote meeting session), I monitored the topics. I will post
> > github/CI information separately.
>
> Oh, that's a good surprise.  We wondered whether the line reached
> you.
>

> > > If anyone can share the notes, it'd be great.
> >
> > Mark's notes are here:
> >
> > https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JtjpSGkMMCeDK43LTc0yLrOer1QL5JwxPQMmHFAL55o
>
> Thanks, I forgot his later mail :)
>
> > If anyone has something more, please, add a link to this document.
> > Perhaps, I should create a copy to www.alsa-project.org.

That would be great to have this on www.alsa-project.org, I think
presentations from Sakamoto-san, Charles and Patrick should be uploaded
there as well..

> It's a good idea.  We have a copy of the notes of 2017 meeting, too.

Ah where, can this be uploaded to www.alsa-project.org as well please..

Thanks
--
~Vinod

* Re: Audio miniconference schedule
@ 2018-10-24  8:51         ` Jaroslav Kysela
From: Jaroslav Kysela @ 2018-10-24  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vinod, Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel, Mark Brown

Dne 24.10.2018 v 10:11 Vinod napsal(a):
> On 24-10-18, 09:33, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>> On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 09:30:00 +0200,
>> Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

>>> I would like to say big thanks too.
>>>
>>> Although I was silent (mostly doing a heavy ping-pong between the family
>>> and the remote meeting session), I monitored the topics. I will post
>>> github/CI information separately.
>>
>> Oh, that's a good surprise.  We wondered whether the line reached
>> you.

>>> Mark's notes are here:
>>>
>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JtjpSGkMMCeDK43LTc0yLrOer1QL5JwxPQMmHFAL55o
>>
>> Thanks, I forgot his later mail :)
>>
>>> If anyone has something more, please, add a link to this document.
>>> Perhaps, I should create a copy to www.alsa-project.org.
>
> That would be great to have this on www.alsa-project.org, I think
> presentations from Sakamoto-san, Charles and Patrick should be uploaded
> there as well..
>
>> It's a good idea.  We have a copy of the notes of 2017 meeting, too.
>
> Ah where, can this be uploaded to www.alsa-project.org as well please..

I reformated notes to mediawiki markup and notes for both years are
available from the main page. Here are direct links:

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Miniconf_2018
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Miniconf_2017

						Jaroslav

--

@ 2018-10-24 10:08           ` Vinod
From: Vinod @ 2018-10-24 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaroslav Kysela; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, alsa-devel, Mark Brown

On 24-10-18, 10:51, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> >> Thanks, I forgot his later mail :)

> > That would be great to have this on www.alsa-project.org, I think
> > presentations from Sakamoto-san, Charles and Patrick should be uploaded
> > there as well..
> >
> >> It's a good idea.  We have a copy of the notes of 2017 meeting, too.
> >
> > Ah where, can this be uploaded to www.alsa-project.org as well please..
>
> I reformated notes to mediawiki markup and notes for both years are
> available from the main page. Here are direct links:
>
> http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Miniconf_2018
> http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Miniconf_2017

Great, thanks Jaroslav

--
~Vinod

* Re: Audio miniconference schedule
@ 2018-10-24 10:16     ` Charles Keepax
From: Charles Keepax @ 2018-10-24 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaroslav Kysela; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, alsa-devel, Mark Brown

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 09:30:00AM +0200, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> Dne 24.10.2018 v 09:16 Takashi Iwai napsal(a):
> > On Tue, 02 Oct 2018 21:58:49 +0200,
> > Mark Brown wrote:
> > Thanks Mark for the great organization, I enjoyed the meeting in this
> > year very much (as always), and thanks Cirrus for a really nice venue!
>
> I would like to say big thanks too.

No problem guys really nice we could help out and yes a big thank
you to Mark for all the organisation as always.

Thanks,
Charles

* Re: Audio miniconference schedule
@ 2018-10-24 10:24         ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2018-10-24 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vinod; +Cc: Takashi Iwai, alsa-devel

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 09:11:30AM +0100, Vinod wrote:
> On 24-10-18, 09:33, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> > > If anyone has something more, please, add a link to this document.
> > > Perhaps, I should create a copy to www.alsa-project.org.

> That would be great to have this on www.alsa-project.org, I think
> presentations from Sakamoto-san, Charles and Patrick should be uploaded
> there as well..

My goal is to type them up into something a bit more usefully readable,
that's not going to happen until Friday at the earliest due to ELC-E
stuff.

> > It's a good idea.  We have a copy of the notes of 2017 meeting, too.

> Ah where, can this be uploaded to www.alsa-project.org as well please..

They're linked from the top of the doc.

@ 2018-10-18 17:55 Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2018-10-18 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)