backports.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* What distro can run recent backports?
@ 2018-07-16 17:49 Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2018-07-16 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: backports

Hello,

I'm trying to make backports work with my 4.16-ct kernel.  I tried Fedora-27, but it has
some bug relate to spatch so it cannot run there.

And just now I tried Ubuntu 18.  On it, spatch version is too old, and when I try to
compile coccinelle from git, it fails with an error like this:

File "parsing_c/includes.ml", line 159, characters 9-22:
Error: Unbound module Parmap

So, what does it actually take to run backports successfully?  What distro do you
guys use?  Anything work out of the box?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>