backports.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Backports not building configured drivers
@ 2018-08-27 22:01 Marlon Smith
From: Marlon Smith @ 2018-08-27 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: backports

Hi everyone,

I'm using backports 4.14 to build for a custom kernel 3.14.  That
kernel includes the RT2800 wifi driver, and if I configure backports
with menuconfig to build a newer version of that driver it works
perfectly.  However, if I configure backports to build the RTL8821
driver, which my kernel otherwise does not include, the driver never
gets built and backports shows it as not selected the next time I run
menuconfig.

Is this expected behaviour?  Is there something I can do to force this
driver to build?

Thanks!

Marlon