buildroot.busybox.net archive mirror
* [Buildroot] Missing support of libsvg with qt6
@ 2023-03-14 13:03 Ivan Castell
From: Ivan Castell @ 2023-03-14 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello there!

We are using buildroot-2022.11.1 to build a custom QT6 based project. We have this option enabled in menuconfig:

BR2_PACKAGE_QT6=y

But found this issue building our project:

Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: svgwidgets

It seems there is no way to enable SVG library support on QT6 (at least we don't found it). However, SVG library is completely ported and functional using Qt5.

BR2_PACKAGE_QT5SVG=y

Does buildroot will support SVG library with QT6 in some future release? Is this still a work in progress? We have checked buildroot-2023.02 and even in that recent version, is still not ready.

Thanks a lot in advance!.
  -- Ivan

* Re: [Buildroot] Missing support of libsvg with qt6
@ 2023-03-14 21:20 ` Thomas Petazzoni via buildroot
From: Thomas Petazzoni via buildroot @ 2023-03-14 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Castell; +Cc: buildroot

Hello Ivan,

On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 13:03:01 +0000
Ivan Castell <icastell@circontrol.com> wrote:

> We are using buildroot-2022.11.1 to build a custom QT6 based project. We have this option enabled in menuconfig:
>
> BR2_PACKAGE_QT6=y
>
> But found this issue building our project:
>
> Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: svgwidgets
>
> It seems there is no way to enable SVG library support on QT6 (at least we don't found it). However, SVG library is completely ported and functional using Qt5.
>
> BR2_PACKAGE_QT5SVG=y
>
> Does buildroot will support SVG library with QT6 in some future release? Is this still a work in progress? We have checked buildroot-2023.02 and even in that recent version, is still not ready.

At this point, nobody has worked on packaging qt6svg. However, taking
example on qt6serialbus or qt6serialport, it should be relatively easy.
Perhaps you could give it a try and submit a patch? This would
certainly be welcome!

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, co-owner and CEO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering and training

* Re: [Buildroot] Missing support of libsvg with qt6
@ 2023-03-19 10:18   ` Peter Seiderer
From: Peter Seiderer @ 2023-03-19 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Petazzoni via buildroot; +Cc: Ivan Castell, Thomas Petazzoni

Hello *,

On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 22:20:29 +0100, Thomas Petazzoni via buildroot <buildroot@buildroot.org> wrote:

> Hello Ivan,
>
> On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 13:03:01 +0000
> Ivan Castell <icastell@circontrol.com> wrote:
>
> > We are using buildroot-2022.11.1 to build a custom QT6 based project. We have this option enabled in menuconfig:
> >
> > BR2_PACKAGE_QT6=y
> >
> > But found this issue building our project:
> >
> > Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: svgwidgets
> >
> > It seems there is no way to enable SVG library support on QT6 (at least we don't found it). However, SVG library is completely ported and functional using Qt5.
> >
> > BR2_PACKAGE_QT5SVG=y
> >
> > Does buildroot will support SVG library with QT6 in some future release? Is this still a work in progress? We have checked buildroot-2023.02 and even in that recent version, is still not ready.
>
> At this point, nobody has worked on packaging qt6svg. However, taking
> example on qt6serialbus or qt6serialport, it should be relatively easy.
> Perhaps you could give it a try and submit a patch? This would
> certainly be welcome!

See [1] and [2] for proposed patches...

Regards,
Peter