cip-dev.lists.cip-project.org archive mirror
* [cip-dev] [cip-core] Package Proposal #2 (Minimum base packages in Debian)
@ 2020-01-16  8:25 kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp @ 2020-01-16  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello CIP Core members,

I created a simple package proposal for the packages that are installed in the "minimum base system" of Debian.
These packages are installed by
	$ debootstrap --variant=minbase buster ...

It consists of 58 source packages and 84 binary packages, including all run-time dependencies.

The common reason to propose:
"This package is included in the minimum base system of Debian (debootstrap --variant=minbase),
which is essential for all Debian binary package based systems"

I would like to start the "review" phase (Phase 2) of the attached package proposal.
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/cip-pkglist/blob/master/doc/pdp.md#phase-2-proposal-review

Please reply with you opinion, agree or disagree.
If you cannot agree to add specific packages, please show the reasons as well.

Due Date: January 20th (The next TSC meeting)

We have only 2-3 working days for this review, but
I think it may be enough to agree or disagree the very simple reason above.
(We can extend this due date if more time required for reviews, please let me know if any requests)

Best regards,
Kazu
* [cip-dev] [cip-core] Package Proposal #2 (Minimum base packages in Debian)
@ 2020-01-19  8:25 ` Jan Kiszka
       [not found] ` <CAFa_k0h_716U9+OqYvhO4EBEYO=F6vh-VEvRQEKa+5OK8UQ8fQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2020-01-19  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

On 16.01.20 09:25, kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp wrote:
> Hello CIP Core members,
>
> I created a simple package proposal for the packages that are installed in the "minimum base system" of Debian.
> These packages are installed by
> 	$ debootstrap --variant=minbase buster ...
>
> It consists of 58 source packages and 84 binary packages, including all run-time dependencies.
>
> The common reason to propose:
> "This package is included in the minimum base system of Debian (debootstrap --variant=minbase),
> which is essential for all Debian binary package based systems"
>

> I would like to start the "review" phase (Phase 2) of the attached package proposal.
> https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/cip-pkglist/blob/master/doc/pdp.md#phase-2-proposal-review
>
> Please reply with you opinion, agree or disagree.

Looks good to us: agree.

Jan

@ 2020-01-20  0:18   ` masashi.kudo at cybertrust.co.jp
From: masashi.kudo at cybertrust.co.jp @ 2020-01-20  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi, Kazu-san,

Agree on this proposal on behalf of Cybertrust.

BTW, libpam-runtime listed as a binary package of pam has a dependency on debconf. The debconf is shown twice. It does not affect the result, but if you have time, please double check the script..

Best regards,
--
M. Kudo

From: <kazuhiro3.hayashi@toshiba.co.jp<mailto:kazuhiro3.hayashi@toshiba.co.jp>>
Date: 2020?1?16?(?) 17:25
Subject: [cip-dev] [cip-core] Package Proposal #2 (Minimum base packages in Debian)
To: <cip-dev at lists.cip-project.org<mailto:cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org>>

[...]

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [cip-dev] [cip-core] Package Proposal #2 (Minimum base packages in Debian)
@ 2020-01-20 14:24     ` kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp
From: kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp @ 2020-01-20 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello Kudo-san,

Thank you for pointing this out.
I created the issue about this on CIP GitLab.
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/cip-pkglist/issues/1

Best regards,
Kazu

@ 2020-01-21  0:52 ` kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp
From: kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp @ 2020-01-21  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello CIP Core members,

> Due Date: January 20th (The next TSC meeting)

If you have not yet replied to this proposal, please send us your opinion by
	January 23th (By the next IRC meeting)

Best regards,
Kazu

@ 2020-01-23  8:07   ` Takehisa Katayama
From: Takehisa Katayama @ 2020-01-23  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi Kazu-san,

>> Please reply with you opinion, agree or disagree.

Renesas agree.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Takehisa Katayama.

@ 2020-01-23 11:52     ` kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp
                         ` (3 more replies)
From: kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp @ 2020-01-23 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello CIP Core members,

Thank you for your replies.

I need to wait for replies of Codethink, Hitachi, and Moxa,
so would like to postpone the due date to
	January 31th (Fri)
(Lunar New Year holiday until Jan 29th)

Codethink
Cybertrust (Agreed #2)
Hitachi
Moxa
Renesas (Agreed #2)
Siemens (Agreed #2)
Toshiba (Agreed #2)

Best regards,
Kazu

@ 2020-01-27  0:33       ` Laurence Urhegyi
                         ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Laurence Urhegyi @ 2020-01-27  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello Kazu-san,

I've been away for a while, and for that I do apologise.

+1 from Codethink for this.

Kind regards,
Laurence

@ 2020-01-27 13:52       ` SZ Lin (林上智)
From: SZ Lin (林上智) @ 2020-01-27 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi Kazu,

<kazuhiro3.hayashi@toshiba.co.jp> ? 2020?1?23? ?? ??7:52???

> Hello CIP Core members,
>
> Thank you for your replies.
>
> I need to wait for replies of Codethink, Hitachi, and Moxa,
> so would like to postpone the due date to
>         January 31th (Fri)
> (Lunar New Year holiday until Jan 29th)

Thank you for your understanding, our office is closed until Thursday.

SZ

@ 2020-01-31 14:44       ` SZ Lin (林上智)
From: SZ Lin (林上智) @ 2020-01-31 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi,

<kazuhiro3.hayashi@toshiba.co.jp> ? 2020?1?23? ?? ??7:52???

> Hello CIP Core members,
>
> Thank you for your replies.
>
> I need to wait for replies of Codethink, Hitachi, and Moxa,
> so would like to postpone the due date to
>         January 31th (Fri)
> (Lunar New Year holiday until Jan 29th)
>
> Codethink
> Cybertrust (Agreed #2)
> Hitachi
Moxa (Agreed #2)

SZ
> Renesas (Agreed #2)
> Siemens (Agreed #2)
> Toshiba (Agreed #2)
>
> Best regards,
> Kazu

                         ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2020-02-04 11:48       ` kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp
From: kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp @ 2020-02-04 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello CIP Core members,

All CIP Core members agreed this proposal (#2), so
I would like to conclude that this proposal is accepted by CIP Core.
Thank you for your review!

Dear TSC members,
Could you confirm that the attached package list (proposal_minbase_20200204.yml)
can be registered as the (initial) CIP maintained package list?
This is the "Phase 4" in the PDP:
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/cip-pkglist/-/blob/master/doc/pdp.md#phase-4-approval

Just in case, I would like to share several discussions in the review process:

Q. What is the policy for the "minimum base"?
A. The "minimum base" means here is the essential "Debian binary" packages needed for booting up.
   These packages are installed by:
     $ debootstrap --variant=minbase buster ...
   and they are essential for CIP Core generic profile.

Q. Some binary packages listed in "depends:" of proposal_minbase_20200116.yml are duplicated, why?
A. This issue was discussed in https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/cip-pkglist/issues/1
   then fixed by https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/cip-pkglist/-/merge_requests/6

I has recreated the .yml file after the fix above (=> proposal_minbase_20200204.yml)
then there is no change from proposal_minbase_20200116.yml in the package information
except several minor updates. Please check the attached files (0116-0204.diff) for more details.

Best regards,
Kazu

@ 2020-02-11  5:39         ` kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp
From: kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp @ 2020-02-11  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello TSC members,

> Dear TSC members,
> Could you confirm that the attached package list (proposal_minbase_20200204.yml)
> can be registered as the (initial) CIP maintained package list?

How can I proceed this confirmation?
Are there any formal process for this?

Best regards,
Kazu