dmaengine Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* [PATCH 0/4] *** AMD PTDMA driver ***
@ 2019-09-24  7:31 Mehta, Sanju
  2019-09-24 16:37 ` Vinod Koul
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Mehta, Sanju @ 2019-09-24  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: S-k, Shyam-sundar, Shah, Nehal-bakulchandra, Kumar, Rajesh,
	vkoul, mchehab+samsung, davem, gregkh, robh, linus.walleij,
	nicolas.ferre, dan.j.williams
  Cc: linux-kernel, dmaengine, Mehta, Sanju

From: Sanjay R Mehta <sanju.mehta@amd.com>

*** This patch series adds support for AMD PTDMA engine ***

Sanjay R Mehta (4):
  dma: Add PTDMA Engine driver support
  dma: Support for multiple PTDMA
  dmaengine: Register as a DMA resource
  dmaengine: Add debugfs entries for PTDMA information

 MAINTAINERS                         |   6 +
 drivers/dma/Kconfig                 |   2 +
 drivers/dma/Makefile                |   1 +
 drivers/dma/ptdma/Kconfig           |   8 +
 drivers/dma/ptdma/Makefile          |  12 +
 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-debugfs.c   | 249 +++++++++++++
 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-dev.c       | 445 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-dmaengine.c | 700 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-ops.c       | 464 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-pci.c       | 244 +++++++++++++
 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma.h           | 563 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 11 files changed, 2694 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/Kconfig
 create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/Makefile
 create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-debugfs.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-dev.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-dmaengine.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-ops.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-pci.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma.h

-- 
2.7.4


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: [PATCH 0/4] *** AMD PTDMA driver ***
  2019-09-24  7:31 [PATCH 0/4] *** AMD PTDMA driver *** Mehta, Sanju
@ 2019-09-24 16:37 ` Vinod Koul
  2019-10-03 17:27   ` Sanjay R Mehta
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Vinod Koul @ 2019-09-24 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mehta, Sanju
  Cc: S-k, Shyam-sundar, Shah, Nehal-bakulchandra, Kumar, Rajesh,
	mchehab+samsung, davem, gregkh, robh, linus.walleij,
	nicolas.ferre, dan.j.williams, linux-kernel, dmaengine

On 24-09-19, 07:31, Mehta, Sanju wrote:
> From: Sanjay R Mehta <sanju.mehta@amd.com>
> 
> *** This patch series adds support for AMD PTDMA engine ***

What lots of stars!

Can you describe the controller a bit more to help people set the
context for the review!

And also helps to make the email subject as "Add AMD PTDMA driver ...."
or similar!

> 
> Sanjay R Mehta (4):
>   dma: Add PTDMA Engine driver support
>   dma: Support for multiple PTDMA
>   dmaengine: Register as a DMA resource
>   dmaengine: Add debugfs entries for PTDMA information

Can you be consistent with naming, and yes do use dmaengine!

> 
>  MAINTAINERS                         |   6 +
>  drivers/dma/Kconfig                 |   2 +
>  drivers/dma/Makefile                |   1 +
>  drivers/dma/ptdma/Kconfig           |   8 +
>  drivers/dma/ptdma/Makefile          |  12 +
>  drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-debugfs.c   | 249 +++++++++++++
>  drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-dev.c       | 445 +++++++++++++++++++++++
>  drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-dmaengine.c | 700 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-ops.c       | 464 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-pci.c       | 244 +++++++++++++
>  drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma.h           | 563 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  11 files changed, 2694 insertions(+)
>  create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/Kconfig
>  create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/Makefile
>  create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-debugfs.c
>  create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-dev.c
>  create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-dmaengine.c
>  create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-ops.c
>  create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-pci.c
>  create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma.h
> 
> -- 
> 2.7.4

-- 
~Vinod

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: [PATCH 0/4] *** AMD PTDMA driver ***
  2019-09-24 16:37 ` Vinod Koul
@ 2019-10-03 17:27   ` Sanjay R Mehta
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Sanjay R Mehta @ 2019-10-03 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vinod Koul
  Cc: Hook, Gary, S-k, Shyam-sundar, Shah, Nehal-bakulchandra, Kumar,
	Rajesh, mchehab+samsung, davem, gregkh, robh, linus.walleij,
	nicolas.ferre, dan.j.williams, linux-kernel, dmaengine


On 9/24/2019 10:07 PM, Vinod Koul wrote:
> [CAUTION: External Email]
>
> On 24-09-19, 07:31, Mehta, Sanju wrote:
>> From: Sanjay R Mehta <sanju.mehta@amd.com>
>>
>> *** This patch series adds support for AMD PTDMA engine ***
> What lots of stars!
>
> Can you describe the controller a bit more to help people set the
> context for the review!
>
> And also helps to make the email subject as "Add AMD PTDMA driver ...."
> or similar!
Okay sure Vinod. This will be resolved in next version of patch set.
>
>> Sanjay R Mehta (4):
>>   dma: Add PTDMA Engine driver support
>>   dma: Support for multiple PTDMA
>>   dmaengine: Register as a DMA resource
>>   dmaengine: Add debugfs entries for PTDMA information
> Can you be consistent with naming, and yes do use dmaengine!
>
>>  MAINTAINERS                         |   6 +
>>  drivers/dma/Kconfig                 |   2 +
>>  drivers/dma/Makefile                |   1 +
>>  drivers/dma/ptdma/Kconfig           |   8 +
>>  drivers/dma/ptdma/Makefile          |  12 +
>>  drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-debugfs.c   | 249 +++++++++++++
>>  drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-dev.c       | 445 +++++++++++++++++++++++
>>  drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-dmaengine.c | 700 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>  drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-ops.c       | 464 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>  drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-pci.c       | 244 +++++++++++++
>>  drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma.h           | 563 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>  11 files changed, 2694 insertions(+)
>>  create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/Kconfig
>>  create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/Makefile
>>  create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-debugfs.c
>>  create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-dev.c
>>  create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-dmaengine.c
>>  create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-ops.c
>>  create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma-pci.c
>>  create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ptdma/ptdma.h
>>
>> --
>> 2.7.4
> --
> ~Vinod

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-09-24  7:31 [PATCH 0/4] *** AMD PTDMA driver *** Mehta, Sanju
2019-09-24 16:37 ` Vinod Koul
2019-10-03 17:27   ` Sanjay R Mehta

dmaengine Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/dmaengine/0 dmaengine/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 dmaengine dmaengine/ https://lore.kernel.org/dmaengine \
		dmaengine@vger.kernel.org dmaengine@archiver.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index dmaengine

Example config snippet for mirrors

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.kernel.vger.dmaengine


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox