dwarves.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Feature request: codiff only considering file basename
@ 2008-10-24 13:12 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò
       [not found] ` <m27i7yxhk5.fsf-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò @ 2008-10-24 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dwarves-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

I found myself today in the situation of using codiff on two binaries
built with the same sources, but reorganised around; since I noticed a
non-zero difference on codiff, I would have liked to know where the
difference would be, but since the source files' path has changed,
codiff is showing me too much noise and I can't figure out what changed.

Optionally considering the basename of the source files would be very
nice way to reduce the noise and only show the important data.

Thanks!

P.S.: is a new release to be expected? Or git is going to be the only
way?

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/