io-uring.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* [RFC] do_hashed and wq enqueue
@ 2020-02-11 20:20 Pavel Begunkov
From: Pavel Begunkov @ 2020-02-11 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe, io-uring

I've been looking for hashed io-wq enqueuing, but not fully understand the
issue. As I remember, it was something about getting around blocking for
buffered I/O. Is that so? Is there any write-up of a thread for this issue?

My case is 2-fd request, and I'm not sure how it should look. For splice() it's
probably Ok to hash the non-pipe end (if any), but I wonder how it should work,
if, for example, the restriction will be removed.

--
Pavel Begunkov