kernelnewbies.kernelnewbies.org archive mirror
* Location of files for a new driver
@ 2020-05-05 13:58 Jacko Dirks
From: Jacko Dirks @ 2020-05-05 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hello,

I am starting to work on a new driver. I think the actual driver
(c file) needs to be placed in drivers/staging/subdir (am I
correct?). But I also need to edit existing dts and dtsi files and I
also need to introduce a new overlay. Where do I place those changes and
new files?

Thanks in advance,

Jacko Dirks