kernelnewbies.kernelnewbies.org archive mirror
* What is the right thing to do if a patch got ignored?
@ 2022-08-07 20:05 Adverg Ebashinskii
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Adverg Ebashinskii @ 2022-08-07 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

* Re: What is the right thing to do if a patch got ignored?
@ 2022-08-08  6:45 ` Greg KH
       [not found] ` <CAG=h7x9uQt6bPYETYRrQZ+KP7dn7o9W8EkB6uyobkYuSQrKuEg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Greg KH @ 2022-08-08  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adverg Ebashinskii; +Cc: kernelnewbies

On Sun, Aug 07, 2022 at 11:05:39PM +0300, Adverg Ebashinskii wrote:
> What is the right things to do if a patch got ignored? Is it appropriate to
> request a feedback by explicitly replying to the thread or ignoring the patch
> automatically means that it was rejected? If it's possible to request a
> feedback how long should I before doing that? I'd like to request a feedback to
> understand what was wrong about the patch to not do the same mistake when
> submitting a patch next time.

Wait a few weeks and then repost, patches get lost, resending is not a
big issue.

good luck!

greg k-h

* Re: What is the right thing to do if a patch got ignored?
@ 2022-08-08  7:06 ` Philipp Hortmann
       [not found] ` <CAG=h7x9uQt6bPYETYRrQZ+KP7dn7o9W8EkB6uyobkYuSQrKuEg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Philipp Hortmann @ 2022-08-08  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adverg Ebashinskii, kernelnewbies

On 8/7/22 22:05, Adverg Ebashinskii wrote:
> What is the right things to do if a patch got ignored? Is it appropriate
> to request a feedback by explicitly replying to the thread or ignoring
> the patch automatically means that it was rejected? If it's possible to
> request a feedback how long should I before doing that? I'd like to
> request a feedback to understand what was wrong about the patch to not
> do the same mistake when submitting a patch next time.
> Thanks,
> Adverg

Please send a link of the patch you are referring to.

Starting with https://lore.kernel.org/.

Thanks

Philipp

* Fwd: What is the right thing to do if a patch got ignored?
       [not found] ` <CAG=h7x9uQt6bPYETYRrQZ+KP7dn7o9W8EkB6uyobkYuSQrKuEg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2022-09-07  2:42   ` Sv. Jason M. Christos the First
From: Sv. Jason M. Christos the First @ 2022-09-07  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

republic

If your John Chevy gets ignored its insubordination you better quit or
replace the soldier.