kernelnewbies.kernelnewbies.org archive mirror
* Partition linux page cache for each VM
@ 2019-04-25 13:36 Chirag Chauhan
From: Chirag Chauhan @ 2019-04-25 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hey,

I need to modify pagecache such that each VM gets their own LRU list and
eviction is done from that list.
I need to verify whether I'm on the right path, so can anyone please verify
my approach.

The first step is to identify which VM is making the call to allocate a
page.
As VMs are stored as a file, I can identify each VM with their filename,
right?
For this, I'm trying to get the filename associated with an address_space
object when add_to_page_cache_lru() is called in filemap.c

From address_space object, I can get inode and therefore dentry.
I'm not able to figure out how to get the name of a file.

And can you please provide brief overview of what the overall approach
should be?
Any comments would help.

Thanks.
Chirag