kernelnewbies.kernelnewbies.org archive mirror
* Kernel Development
@ 2020-03-29 12:27 Harsh chopra
From: Harsh chopra @ 2020-03-29 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi everyone , I have been studying the given documentations such as Linux
Kernel Hacking and Tutorial but what have read so far is related to
development of patches for linux kernel but I am interested in linux kernel
development from scratch. I came across
http://www.dit.upm.es/~jmseyas/linux/kernel/hackers-docs.html but some of
the links are not working .Now I am reading  Linux Kernel Development by
Robert Love . I would like to have your guidance related resources for
Kernel Development and also the book I am reading will it  help me in the
field further.

* Kernel Development
@ 2014-02-23 17:24 subham soni
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: subham soni @ 2014-02-23 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hello,
        I am a newbie to kernel development. I would like to develop my own
kernel from scratch. From where should I start from? I have a good
experience of the commands in Linux (Ubuntu,Fedora,Debian,Slackware). I
googled out and I came to know that I should start from Device Drivers. Now
which device driver should I code? Or should I master Shell Scripting? For
developing a kernel (my aim here would be to increase the battery life,
since most laptops have only 1.30 hrs or 2.00 hrs in Linux OS) and 3.00 hrs
in Windows Environment. How should I start and from where?