ksummit.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* The old ksummit-discuss list is now DEFUNCT
@ 2022-06-20 12:32 Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2022-06-20 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ksummit-discuss; +Cc: ksummit

Hello, all:

I know that the official 2022 Kernel Summit instructions said to send mail to
ksummit-discuss@lists.linux-foundation.org. This was almost certainly a
copy-pasting error, as the list was migrated to ksummit@lists.linux.dev last
year.

So, I'm taking proactive measures to remove this confusion:

- the ksummit-discuss list is put on emergency moderation and will accept no
  new messages
- there will be an auto-bounce to any received mail that the list has moved

I cannot make the old address "just work" for the new destination, as
lists.linux-foundation.org is a legacy semi-defunct mailman server whose
management is outsourced to OSUOSL. I will backfill any discussions to the
archive on lore.kernel.org/ksummit, but anyone participating in threads sent
to the old list will need to manually edit the CC on replies to send things to
the non-defunct address (or get a bounce back).

Unfortunately, that's the only way to make it work with least amount of
transition time.

-K