linux-audit.redhat.com archive mirror
* No more report of quantity of rules successfully loaded
@ 2023-05-23 23:12 warron.french
From: warron.french @ 2023-05-23 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Audit

Hi, I am running auditd-3.0.7-4 on an Alma Linux v8.8.

I know that for all of RHEL 6 and RHEL 7 variants that I worked with, to
include CentOS (not Stream) that after I rebooted a server or restarted the
auditd service (with -e 1 set) that I would 100% of the time get a report
in /var/log/messages about the quantity of rules that successfully loaded.

I could compare that to my unified rules file
(/etc/audit/rules.d/Unified.rules - for a reference) and strip out the
typical for auditd Control rules (-D, -e 1, -f 1, -b, -r, for examples) and
then assess if I had the full set of files loaded or not.

With this implementation of auditd, on version 3.0.7-4, I am not getting
those results anymore.
Am I looking in the wrong place, because for me this is important
information?

Yes, I know that I can also manually execute "auditctl -l  | wc -l" and get
that information  too, but I was wondering if this is planned or if I am
looking in the wrong place, or what to do.