linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* OPP throughput is low in ubuntu 18.04
@ 2020-02-10 11:19 Amit K Bag
From: Amit K Bag @ 2020-02-10 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hello All,

I am tring to test the OPP throughput in linux.
I transferred between 2 machines having ubuntu 16.04 with bluez
version 5.44 in that I am getting 1.4mbps speed.

Kernel : 4.14.13
OS : ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
Bluez -5.44

I am using a 12 MB of audio file.
But the same file when I transferred between  2 machines having ubuntu
18.04 the speed is significantly reduced.

Kernel : 4.18.0-15-generic
OS : ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
Bluez -5.48

Could someone tell me why its reduced in ubuntu 18.04

* Re: OPP throughput is low in ubuntu 18.04
@ 2020-02-10 17:33 ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
       [not found]   ` <CAANRJtxFLMU6i4maUgpLC1iar1Q9HJv+ELcwpQv=c4bLo-uPAQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2020-02-10 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amit K Bag; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Amit,

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 3:20 AM Amit K Bag
<amit.k.bag@intel.corp-partner.google.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am tring to test the OPP throughput in linux.
> I transferred between 2 machines having ubuntu 16.04 with bluez
> version 5.44 in that I am getting 1.4mbps speed.
>
> Kernel : 4.14.13
> OS : ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
> Bluez -5.44
>
> I am using a 12 MB of audio file.
> But the same file when I transferred between  2 machines having ubuntu
> 18.04 the speed is significantly reduced.
>
> Kernel : 4.18.0-15-generic
> OS : ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
> Bluez -5.48
>
> Could someone tell me why its reduced in ubuntu 18.04

I don't think we change anything on Obexd related to that so perhaps
it is something related to the L2CAP MTU? We could try setting the MTU
to 0 so it automatically picks the matching MTU if you do have the
following patch applied to your kernel:

Bluetooth: Auto tune if input MTU is set to 0

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

@ 2020-02-14  0:48     ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2020-02-14  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amit K Bag; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Amit,

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 3:32 AM Amit K Bag
<amit.k.bag@intel.corp-partner.google.com> wrote:

> Hello Luiz,
>
> I tested with the patch you have mentioned but not getting any better
> throughput.
> Please have a look at the log attached.
>
> We are using below configuration for linux
> - Kernel : 4.19.102
> - OS : ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
> - Bluez -5.48
>
> For other machine we are using windows

I think there is some work to be done to work with RFCOMM since we are
only doing this for L2CAP, I will have a look later this week, btw
have you look into any difference we may have between these kernels?
Or actually in what combination they appear because there could be an
isolated problem in either the kernel or the userspace changes.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

* Re: OPP throughput is low in ubuntu 18.04
@ 2020-02-14  2:21       ` Amit K Bag
From: Amit K Bag @ 2020-02-14  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hello Luiz,

I am not sure what changes in kernel causing low throughput. If I get
any clue I will let you know.
I wil lalso test your patch with linux - linux and update the result.

@ 2020-02-26  5:18         ` Amit K Bag
From: Amit K Bag @ 2020-02-26  5:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hello Luiz,

I tried to test with your patch linux to linux which will use L2CAP
but still see the same low throughput.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 7:51 AM Amit K Bag