linux-can.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: PROBLEM: usb_8dev driver can't get CAN_ERR_FLAG
       [not found] <3DBC6D34FF74DF48B9284D7A6A05A6750270AD384CA2@VB-SRVSBS.archimede.local>
@ 2015-02-13 19:07 ` Bernd Krumboeck
From: Bernd Krumboeck @ 2015-02-13 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuele Conti; +Cc: linux-can

Dear Manuele!

Sorry, but I can't follow:
CAN_ERR_FLAG is set by alloc_can_err_skb function in can.c.
The driver uses this function when receiving an error (usb_8dev_rx_err_msg function) from device.

Please provide following informations for further investigations:
1. Firmware version
2. Schematic, connected devices, ...
3. Exact description under which circumstances this problem occurs

regards,
Bernd

@ 2015-02-17 10:53   ` Manuele Conti
From: Manuele Conti @ 2015-02-17 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernd Krumboeck; +Cc: linux-can

Hi Bernd,

1. Firmware version
[ 5017.267797] usb_8dev 3-1:1.0 can0: firmware: 1.5, hardware: 1.0

2. Schematic, connected devices, ...
I connect device with a our BMS (Battery management system)

3. Exact description under which circumstances this problem occurs
In our configuration the terminator resistor is handled by a device by a mos-fet.
So there are some devices that start to communicate on the bus before net is terminated and bus errors occurs.
On USB2Dev MS Windows driver gets frame errors but on Linux version this doesn't happen.

Cheers,
Manuele

@ 2015-02-17 18:35     ` Bernd Krumboeck
From: Bernd Krumboeck @ 2015-02-17 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuele Conti; +Cc: linux-can

Hi Manuele!

1) Please check if "candump -e any,0:0,#FFFFFFFF" also ignores the error frames.
You can find candump in can-utils package.

2) Did your application request can error frames?

Please check chapter 4.1.2:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/can.txt

regards,
Bernd

@ 2015-02-18  7:53       ` Manuele Conti
From: Manuele Conti @ 2015-02-18  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernd Krumboeck; +Cc: linux-can

Hi Bernd,
I'm very sorry it work exactly as kernel documentation.